BIA Scholarship: Making a Difference in Students' Lives
Each year, the BIA is proud to award several scholarships to high school seniors or students currently enrolled in college or post-high school training. The Scholarship Program is a function of the BIA Foundation and was created to encourage and promote a highly qualified workforce for the building industry.
Since 1994, 113 students have received scholarships totaling $150,000. In 2011, the Professional Women in Building Council (PWB) has assumed the oversight of reviewing and awarding the annual scholarships.
Application Requirements Include:
- Completed application and submitted by the April 1, 2013 deadline.
- 500-word or less detailed essay on the financial need for this scholarship and the reason interested in pursuing a career in the residential construction industry
- Two (2) reference letters detailing why they would recommend you as a scholarship recipient
- Official grade transcript
- Any other activities associated with including sports, societies, offices held, awards, internships, employment history, volunteer activites etc.
2014 Scholarship Application Available Soon
Become Part of this Excellent Tradition
Four exceptional students received BIA Scholarships in 2013, five worthy students in 2012 and seven deserving students in 2011. To continue this tradition we need your financial support to do so.
BIA members are welcome to help the BIA encourage young people to pursue careers in the residential building industry by donating to the BIA Scholarship Fund. Contributions are 100% tax deductible, and you will be recognized right here on our website as a Scholarship Donor. Your donations are greatly appreciated!
- American Heritage Homes Corp.
- Brier Hill Associates
- Grand DesignGroup, Inc.
- Insurance Unlimited Agency
- Jimenez-Haid Builders
- John Eramo & Sons, Inc.
- Mayfair Homes, Inc.
- Memmer Homes
- Safeway Electric Compnay, Inc.
- Schottenstein Homes
- Virginia Homes
- Advanced Plumbing, Inc.
- DiYanni Custom Homes
- Romanelli & Hughes
- Wagenbrenner Development
If you would like to see your company name listed here as a Scholarship Donor or have questions about the Scholarship program, please contact Patty Halper.