Representing Ohio's Osteopathic Family Physicians
Ohio ACOFP is affiliated with the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians and the Ohio Osteopathic Association. The Ohio ACOFP also works closely with the Student Association American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians and provides an annual grant to support the chapter. Ohio ACOFP is a partner with the Ohio Department of Health's Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative and the Ohio Coalition of Primary Care Physicians.
What is an osteopathic physician? Listen to how Former Ohio ACOFP President William J. Burke, DO, FACOFP, and other osteopathic physicians at Doctors Hospital in Columbus, Ohio explain the osteopathic difference.
Attention Ohio ACOFP Members: Pay your annual membership dues by using our secure online processing, click here
To promote and preserve the osteopathic family physician as a professional extension of the family by serving as the primary source of healthcare and health information.
- Advance the standards of osteopathic family physicians by encouraging and improving educational opportunities and training.
- Emphasize the integration of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine in everyday practice.
- Promote a better public and professional understanding of the diversity of services provided by osteopathic family physicians.
- Maintain the central role of osteopathic family physicians in the healthcare system.
- Strengthen and support the departments of family medicine in Ohio hospitals and healthcare systems.
- Promote and maintain the highest professional, moral, and ethical standards in the practice of osteopathic family medicine: and
- To contribute to the interest of the osteopathic profession by functioning as an affiliated organization of the American Osteopathic Association through the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
May 5, 2016
October 8-9, 2016
Pro Football Hall of Fame, Canton, Ohio