WELCOME TO BOMA COLUMBUS
The mission of BOMA Columbus is to advance the commercial real estate industry though advocacy, professional development and information exchange. Our vision is to be recognized as an industry leader in both legislative advocacy and professional development for a broad spectrum of commercial real estate professionals in the Columbus market.
WHO WE ARE
BOMA Columbus is a 501 (c) 6 not-for-profit organization serving the advocacy, education and networking needs of commercial real estate professionals in the Central Ohio area, servicing Champaign, Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Licking, Madison, Pickaway and Union counties. BOMA Columbus became federated with BOMA International in 1945 and incorporated in 1981. We represent one of six local associations in the State of Ohio and one of more than 100 throughout the world. BOMA International, our umbrella organization, is headquartered in Washington, DC.
BOMA Columbus members include:
Corporate Facility Managers
Government Office Building Managers
Industrial Building Managers
Medical Office Building Professionals
Other Commercial Real Estate Professionals
Commercial Real Estate Product or Service Providers
BOMA Columbus is governed by established bylaws. The association is led by the Board of Governors and actively managed by an Executive Director, under the direction of the association President.
WHAT WE DO
As the leading organization for the commercial real estate profession, BOMA Columbus plays an important role as a leader and public advocate for the industry. BOMA Columbus’ activities are as diverse as the constituency we serve.
We conduct regular education programs to enrich our members’ expertise in property management.
We communicate regularly with our members regarding matter important to the industry.
We send representatives to our national meetings.
We engage in governmental legislative lobbying as appropriate.
We support professional designation in property management.
We provide opportunities for members to build networks and relationships that add to the strength of the industry and association.
We’re part of BOMA International, a dynamic international federation of more than 100 local associations and affiliated organizations. Founded in 1907, its 17,000-plus members own or manage more than 9 billion square feet of commercial properties. BOMA International’s mission is to enhance the human, intellectual and physical assets of the commercial real estate industry through advocacy, education, research, standards and information.
Media Fact Sheet
THE BUILDING OWNERS AND MANAGERS ASSOCIATION OF COLUMBUS (BOMA/COLUMBUS)
|BOMA Columbus represents 125 companies that manage or provide services to commercial office buildings. BOMA Columbus members are responsible for the management and operation of approximately 85 million square feet of downtown commercial office buildings and 60 percent of Central Ohio’s commercial real estate.
BOMA Columbus raises awareness on a broad range of issues impacting Columbus’ business community. They include:
President: Jaimie Jesi, PRIAM Properties
The mission of BOMA Columbus is to advance the commercial real estate industry through advocacy, professional development and information exchange.
- to promote member participation on all levels of BOMA involvement
- to increase attendance at new member orientations
- to recruit 20 new Regular members in 2023
- to explore new/joint industry event opportunities
- to control event costs as much as possible in the current economy
- to provide Ohio Division of Real Estate CE credits for at least two events
- to promote the BOMI Designations and courses
- to utilize BOMA International/BOMA Ohio resources for member education
- to build a relationship with City, State and Federal legislators
- to educate members on issues and successes, participate in Advocacy Days
- to support BOMA International legislative efforts and BOMA PAC
- to increase participation and awareness of the 360 and TOBY programs
- to better tell our story with an updated PR campaign and website content
- to promote International benefits and resources to membership
- to update and document our Operating Policies
- to create new sponsorship opportunities to supplement the current program
- to re-establish the International Meeting Host task force to explore a bid
- to collaborate with other BOMA locals and share best practices/program ideas
Our vision is to be recognized as an industry leader in both legislative advocacy and professional development for a broad spectrum of commercial real estate professionals in central Ohio.