Executive News Producer (Digital)
|EXECUTIVE NEWS PRODUCER (DIGITAL)
|About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCRG TV9 is the ABC affiliate in Cedar Rapids and is owned by Gray Television, Inc. KCRG's crew of dedicated reporters and staff serves the Eastern Iowa region. The CW 9.3 joined the KCRG portfolio in 2021, and this station carries highly viewed programming from the CW network.
We are dedicated to being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 7+ hours of news every day, as well as support a robust website, extensive apps for mobile and smart devices, and the largest social media audience in the market.
KCRG-TV9 is seeking an Executive Producer to help lead the #1 newsroom in Eastern Iowa across all platforms. This position will primarily lead digital efforts, working with digital editors, reporters and other newsroom staff to meet strategy goals for desktop, mobile and social media. This position will also play a key editorial role across broadcast platforms, ensuring newscasts and reporting meet KCRG branding and journalistic standards.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Guiding and managing newsroom staff in producing content for newscasts and digital platforms.
- Critique, coach, and mentor digital editors, producers, reporters, and photographers in crafting news coverage.
- Help lead and foster a supportive newsroom environment.
- Assisting the News Director in executing newsroom policies and goals.
- Track digital trends to help advance and execute digital content strategy.
- Work with digital editors and reporters on best practices for digital content.
- Collaborate with producers on story selection and formatting for newscasts.
- Collaborate with reporters on story development and formatting.
- Planning and guiding news special projects and coverage.
- Filling in as needed to help write, gather, and produce news stories and newscasts.
- Other duties as needed to support newsroom operations and functions.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a professional newsroom setting.
- Proven success in coverage of breaking news and severe weather.
- Strong news judgment and journalistic ethics.
- Excellent leadership skills, including motivational capabilities, coaching, and mentoring.
- Understanding of research and factors that drive news viewership and digital traffic.
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KCRG-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
High School or better.
3 years: Experience in a professional newsroom setting.
|To apply for this position, please visit the link below: