MDCD Broadcasters Scholarship
2021 MDCD Scholarship - Explanation of Awards and Eligibility Requirements
For 2021, the Maryland DC Delaware Broadcasters Association will award three (3) $5,000 scholarships as a member benefit. These scholarships are defined below as the “MDCD Broadcasters Scholarships.” The “MDCD Broadcasters Scholarships” will be awarded to children of a Commercial, Non-Commercial or Associate Member of MDCD. The parent must be an employee of a MDCD member company and continue to be employed at the time of the award.
Additional criteria that apply to the scholarships:
- Applicant must be a high school senior entering a college or university on a full-time basis as a first- time freshman, or currently enrolled as a full-time student at a college or university. Previously selected MDCD Scholarship Recipients are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicant must currently be no younger than 17 years and no older than 22 years.
- Applicant must provide an official school transcript and two letters of recommendation (family members are ineligible).
- Applicant must provide an essay responding to the following question: “Describe your goals and aspirations for the future. How will you measure your success in achieving those aspirations and goals, and how will this scholarship help you achieve them?” Essay must be typewritten and contain a minimum of 500 words.
- Applicants school transcript, letters of recommendation, and essay must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 14, 2021.
- The scholarship winners are selected on a “blind” name identity basis by an outside party not affiliated with the Association. The name of each applicant is redacted by the MDCD staff before
submission of applications to the outside party, thus assuring that the judges have no knowledge of the identity of the applicant.
Once you have provided the required materials,
*Application Deadline is May 14, 2021*
All applicants will be acknowledged by e-mail. Upon confirmation of enrollment, payment will be made directly to the school. For additional information, call the Association office at 888-366-6323.
Broadcast Industry Scholarship
More information coming soon!