Morning News Anchor
WBTV in Charlotte, NC is looking for a Morning News Anchor. Please post the job opening below (and attached) and direct anyone who may be interested in applying to the following links:
WBTV has a rare opportunity for an anchor to join the best morning news team in Charlotte. We are looking for an experienced, high-performing journalist to serve the diverse audience that makes up this 22-county DMA in a top 25 market. From breaking news to impactful enterprise reporting, this position is perfect for an engaged anchor who is eager to connect with the community. Our viewers rely on us to start their day off right, with the information they need and the positive energy they want. The ideal candidate is a respected professional who brings authenticity and positivity to the anchor desk and works hard to strengthen the team.
- Co-anchor two hours of morning news Monday through Friday
- Anchor CBS live cut-ins, other shows as assigned
- Compelling and impactful enterprise reporting
- Assist in writing, copy editing and researching news content
- Write content for digital and social media platforms
- Conduct interviews with news makers
- Participate in promotional activities and community events/projects
- Ability to coach and mentor other journalists to improve their knowledge and skills
Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.