Information Technology Manager
WBTV located in Charlotte NC is currently looking for an Information Technology Manager. This position is part of a diverse technical team responsible for the short and long-term technology strategy and health of the station. This is a career opportunity to join the award-winning team behind the number one News station in Charlotte North Carolina.
- Responsible for overseeing the operation of critical IT systems within the television station.
- Reports directly to the Director of Technology
- This includes designing and maintaining the Network infrastructure
- Address security needs
- Provide desktop support
- Interact directly with the end users, including newsroom operations, sales & others all with varying priorities & needs
- Oversight of 2 other IT administrators with responsibilities across several properties and business units.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or IT related field.
- Minimum 3 years of managing mission critical IT environments at a TV station, production facility or related operation
- Experience in field operations including ENG/SNG, satellite, microwave, & IP news-gathering technologies a plus
- Solid understanding of current broadcast systems, network technologies, servers, desktop, monitoring, end user support and the Microsoft's Active Directory environment
- Cisco iOS knowledge or related experience is a plus • Ability to read and create detailed CAD documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and non-technical end users
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks
- Possess strong multitasking and project management skills
Please apply online and attach resume.