OAMES 7th Annual Summer Camp Scheduled June 23
The OAMES Summer Camp is a popular event focused on hot topics and significant industry issues that are affecting our members’ HME Medicare billing and administrative functions. It’s a mid-year training opportunity scheduled between OAMES’ spring and fall Medicaid seminars to tackle your organization’s most pressing Medicare issues.
The Summer Camp presentations include:
- Myths Vs Facts: Know the Truth About Audits and Appeals, and Mistakes Every Supplier Should Avoid, Stephanie Morgan Greene, Esq. – ACU-Serve Corporation Have you heard that Medicare is now denying for ... (you can fill in the urban legend). We will look at the most popular stories of Medicare tactics and requirements, and find out which ones are true, and which ones are myths. Through it all, we'll discuss how you can protect yourself from falling prey to the myths that can cause claim denials and focus in on the common documentation mistakes suppliers make to their own records by following the myths, instead of facts.
- It’s Time to Test Your Knowledge of Documentation Requirements, Stephanie Morgan Greene, Esq. – ACU-Serve Corporation Do you really know how to do a review of your patient files against Medicare guidelines? In this session, we review patient records to see what issues we find, so come ready to participate! We’ll teach you how to dive into a patient’s file, looking at it from an auditor’s perspective. And when we find errors, we’ll discuss how (and if) we can fix the problem.
- Region B Council Update, Missy Cross – Region B Council Executive Committee, OAMES Past President OAMES is a member of the Region B Council, a coalition of suppliers from the seven-state Medicare Jurisdiction B, that meets quarterly with the Medicare contractor to suggest, review and resolve problems in operations and processing. Missy will provide a brief highlight of the Council’s activities and provide insight on continued meetings with CGS, the new Jurisdiction B DME MAC, after the transition.
- NGS Update on Medicare DME MAC Issues, harity Bright – National Government Services, Inc. We’re pleased to welcome Charity one last time to OAMES Summer Camp for a look at the latest Medicare policy, coverage and processing issues that NGS is focused on during the final days before the contractor transition. This will be timely opportunity to make final connections with NGS staff and learn more details about the hand-off from the old to the new contractor in July.
- CGS Update on Jurisdiction B DME MAC Transition, Don “Roc” Via and Mia Gott – CGS Administrators LLC CGS has been awarded the Jurisdiction B DME MAC contract by CMS representing approximately 20% of the national DME processing workload. The contract transition from NGS to CGS has been underway for weeks and we’re pleased to have representatives from the new contractor, CGS Administrators, to provide the latest information be on-hand to answer questions just days before the switch. Join us to review last minute readiness tips, important resources, the latest news and staff contacts to give your company the assurance for a successful contractor transition.
Charity Bright, National Government Services – Provider Outreach & Education Consultant
Missy Cross, O.E. Meyer / Region B Council Secretary / OAMES Region B Representative
Mia Gott, CGS Administrators LLC – Provider Outreach & Education Consultant
Stephanie Greene, Esq., ACU-Serve Corp – Executive Vice President, Business Development
Don “Roc” Via, CGS Administrators LLC – Provider Outreach & Education Consultant
Early Bird Fees:*
$179 OAMES member rate – first registrant
$159 OAMES member rate – additional registrants
$259 Non-member rate
*$20 at-door fee added to registrations received after June 20th.