Deadline Extended Until Tuesday for Congressional Sign-On Letter!
More Support Needed on DME Rule and Medicare Reimbursement Relief
As reported last week, a Congressional sign-on letter is circulating to gain support in the US House of Representatives. The letter is spearheaded by Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) and Rep. Paul Tonko (D-NY) and requests that the agencies:
- Finalize the DME rule and extend the 50/50 blended rates in rural and non-contiguous parts of the country.
- Engage with patient and supplier stakeholders to consider taking further action to adjust Medicare payment rates for DME items removed from CB Round 2021 to account for the increased costs and current market realities facing DME manufacturers and suppliers.
We need more support on the letter to demonstrate to HHS and CMS the urgency to address Medicare reimbursement for HME providers. There are currently 64 signatures and the deadline to sign on now closes on Tuesday, October 12. We have four signers to-date from Ohio including: Rep. Anthony Gonzalez (R), Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D), Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R) and Rep. Troy Balderson (R).
Action Needed TODAY!
- Please continue to follow-up with your Representative in the House asking that they add their name to the sign-on letter. Act TODAY as Monday is a federal holiday and the letter closes COB on Tuesday.
- Use AAHomecare’s Action Center to send a message but message but ideally take a couple of minutes to add your own perspectives to the sample email and personalize the message from your company to your Representative.
- Contact Gordon Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need contact information for the staffer handling healthcare for your Representative or have any other questions or requests. Remember, no Senate outreach is needed at this time.