HHS Extends COVID-19 PHE
Earlier today, HHS extended the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE) for another 90 days, effective April 16. The PHE extension means that that the 75/25 blended rate in non-rural/non-CB areas will remain in effect until at least July 16, 2022, along with other policies tied to the status of the PHE, including:
- NCD/LCD flexibility allowing expanded use of home-based respiratory products/therapy, as well as infusion and anticoagulation devices.
- Waiver of face-to-face requirements for many products; allows use of telehealth for items that are not included in the waiver such as PMD.
- 6.2% increase in Medicaid FMAP match (will remain in effect though the end of the quarter the PHE expires, so this relief will run through at least September 2022).
- State Medicaid waivers and flexibilities tied to the PHE (states may, however, end flexibilities they have granted at their discretion).
- TRICARE reimbursement increases tied to the Medicare rate relief.