Register by Sept. 9 to Secure Your Meetings for the AAH Washington Legislative Conference
Virtual Washington Legislative Conference
September 21, 2022 | 9:00 - 5:30 PM ET
Meeting requests are being sent and meetings confirmed - are you on the list? We cannot request new meetings past September 14 – please register as soon as possible (Sept. 9 at latest) so we can get the best meeting schedule for you.
During the 2022 Virtual Washington Legislative Conference take the opportunity to educate lawmakers and discuss ways to work together to improve outcomes for the HME industry on some of the top challenges, including:
- Making a long-overdue meaningful adjustment to Medicare reimbursement for suppliers in former CBAs and continuing additional relief for suppliers in rural/non-bid areas. We need reimbursement rates that reflect the market realities and supply-chain issues facing HME suppliers.
- Advocating for measures to stabilize reimbursement for HME and not move forward with competitive bidding in its current form, with CMS able to reject bidding results.
- Protecting beneficiary access to respiratory therapy and continuous glucose monitors after the end of the COVID-19 PHE.
- Preventing potential 4% Medicare sequester cuts in 2023 triggered by the application of 2010 Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGO) legislation to COVID-19 relief deficit spending. Letting these drastic automatic cuts stand would essentially finance expansive coronavirus relief through deep cuts on Medicare reimbursement rates for HME and other healthcare segments; we need to make sure Congress doesn’t let that happen.
- Ensuring that members of Congress understand how rising product and operational costs, as well as supply chain issues, are impacting HME providers and patients.
Virtual Format for Effective Use of Your Time & Advocacy Efforts
Similar to last year's format, Zoom meetings will take place September 21 from 9:00-5:30 PM ET, allowing you to share first-hand expertise on HME products, challenges faced, and the essential role your team has played in the pandemic. The week prior, all registrants are invited to participate in the Legislative Training Session on September 14 to receive tips for effective meetings.
Together, we can encourage members of Congress to partner with the homecare community for legislative measures that will ensure a high standard of care for the communities you serve. Register today to help us secure the strongest slate of meetings for you this September.