AAHomecare Responds to RFI on Dual Eligible Beneficiaries; Adoption of CDEs & E-Prescribing Among Suggestions to Senators
Source: American Association for Homecare Insider 1/25/2023
On January 13, the American Association for Homecare submitted comments to U.S. Senators’ request for information (RFI) on issues around Medicare-Medicaid dual eligible beneficiaries. This past November, Sens. Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Tim Scott (R-SC), Tom Carper (D-DE), Bob Menendez (D-NJ), John Cornyn (R-TX), and Mark Warner (D-VA) released the RFI to help lawmakers make informed decisions for future policy making.
AAHomecare submitted comments that highlighted the need for the following:
- Adoption of CDEs and e-prescribing
- Address inconsistencies in HCPCS codes, modifiers, and quantity limitations
- Address documentation requirement inconsistencies
- Medicaid to Medicare transition issues
- Issues with copays and documentation requirements when Medicaid is a secondary payer
- Medicaid not covering Medicare copays
You can find AAHomecare's full comments here.