Ohio Medicaid Managed Care Plan Open Enrollment Coming Soon
The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) has shared information and resources regarding the 2024 managed care open enrollment. Open enrollment runs November 1 – November 30 and is the month when Ohio Medicaid members can review the available plans and select the plan that best fits their healthcare needs.
Important details to know:
- Members can select a new plan by using the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline Portal at ohiomh.com or by contacting the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline at 800-324-8680. Representatives are available 7 am-8 pm Monday - Friday and Saturdays 8 am-5 pm.
- If a member would like to stay with their current healthcare plan, they do not have to take any action related to open enrollment.
- Ohio Medicaid members will be mailed open enrollment letters beginning in July from Ohio Medicaid to notify them of the open enrollment period, plans available, and how to change their plan. They will also receive an automated reminder call from ODM with the option to connect with a customer service representative to ask questions or change their plan.
- Members can make their selection anytime on or before November 30. Selections are effective the first day of the month following the selection.
- During the same period that open enrollment reminders will be sent, members may also receive an Ohio Medicaid renewal packet from ODM. Renewing a member’s eligibility for Medicaid is separate and different from open enrollment and choosing a plan. If a member receives a renewal packet, they must complete it to keep their coverage.
ODM has developed supplemental resources to help you and your staff respond to Ohio Medicaid member questions about 2024 managed care annual open enrollment. The documents are linked below:
- The open enrollment frequently asked questions (FAQ) provide answers to the most common questions from members related to open enrollment.
- The Ohio Medicaid managed care member FAQ provides answers to the most common questions from members related to the managed care program.
- The Health Plan Comparison provides an overview of the services that all managed care plans provide, and specific value-added services provided by each individual plan. Please note: A newer version will be available in September.