Director of Music
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Requires an average of 20 hours of effort per week.
- Direct music for Saturday 5:30 service, Sunday 8:00 service and Sunday 10:30 service.
- Saturday service is negotiable.
- Provide and support music program for Sunday School opening.
- Direct Bell Choir, which practices on Wednesday evening at 6:30.
- Direct Adult Choir, which practices on Wednesday evening at 7:30.
- Develop Children’s Choir.
- Coordinate music for brass quarter, soloists, and instrumentalists.
- Direct all special services such as: Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas, Lenten services, Advent and Festival of Faith, Cantatas for Christmas and Easter programs.
- Work with Vacation Bible School for opening music and music for each grade.
- Play organ for weddings, as outlined in the wedding guide. Additional compensation from couple being married.
- Play organ for funerals as requested. Voluntary compensation from family.
- Attend staff meetings on a weekly basis.
- Attend monthly and as requested, Worship and Music committee meetings.
- Recommend music selections for worship servicesParticipate in direction of the variety of music in our services.
- Direct Choirs
- Voice and Bells
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
Contact Kathy Chambers, Chair for Worship & Music at 513-276-2634 for more information or to apply.