Digital Ministry Resources
ASSESS YOUR REALISTIC ONLINE WORSHIP ATTENDANCE
“We used to average only 112 people at in-person worship before COVID-19 forced us to move online. But last Sunday, we had 237 visits to our video post on Facebook. Has our attendance really increased that much?”
Have you been asking a similar question regarding your online worship? If so, Outside the Box Team member, Pastor Corey Wagonfield, created something just for you – a very helpful 5-minute video on how to dive deeper into Facebook and YouTube to determine your realistic online worship attendance. Just in time to fill out those parochial reports!
Check it out here: Determining Online Worship Attendance
SAMPLE DIGITAL STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
This document describes the process used by The Lutheran Church of the Resurrection (LCR),
Cincinnati, in developing its Digital Strategy. Written by one of its pastors, Pastor Nicol Kelly,
it is graciously provided by LCR as a template for other congregations to follow, as
appropriate, in developing strategies appropriate to their circumstances.
• This is the process LCR followed. It is an excellent example yet not the only way to
approach developing a Digital Strategy.
• The points of view expressed in the document are those of LCR and not necessarily those
of the Outside the Box Team or the Southern Ohio Synod.
• Approaching any digital strategy is a “team sport.” You are encouraged to partner with
OTB and the Southern Ohio Synod.
• Names of LCR church members originally included in the document have been omitted for
the sake of confidentiality.
The work of the SOS Outside the Box Team (OTB) is underwritten by The Thrive! Mission
Campaign. For more information on Thrive! or the work of the Outside the Box Team, please
DEVELOPING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE
1. Create a Facebook page for your congregation