The Dental Assistant
The Dental Assistant is the professional publication of the American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA) which is dedicated to furthering the education and professional development of the working dental assistant. The journal is published on a bi-monthly basis and covers such topics as technical and theoretical aspects of chairside or clinical assisting, issues of business administration, and continuing education. The publication transitioned to a digital publication in 2015.
The journal is a benefit of ADAA membership. It is also available by subscription. Cancellations and Refunds are NOT accepted.
For Library Subscriptions: We do not offer IP access or ezProxy settings. However, the journal can be accessed on multiple computers at the same time. It can also be downloaded as a PDF (using the toolbar located on the screen once the Journal is opened), printed out (using the Google Chrome browser and the toolbar located on the screen once the Journal is opened), or once logged in, you can share the link with others. The toolbar may be hidden on the left side of your screen. If it is, just move your cursor to the left side of the screen until it appears. You can then download or print the journal.
Professional Members and subscribers can view the journal by clicking the link below.
If you have any questions regarding The Dental Assistant, please contact the ADAA office at email@example.com
Additional Links & Resources
ADAA Member Spotlight
We are looking for Members, Students, New Members, and Officers to be "spotlighted" in an upcoming issue of The Dental Assistant.
- Would you like to be spotlighted?
- Would you like to nominate someone to be spotlighted?
Here's What You Have to Do:
1. Download the Interview Questions for Spotlighted Members Form, and complete the questions in the appropriate section.
2. Please complete the ADAA Photo Release Form and send a photo or headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. For good photo reproduction, we'll need 300 dpi at 100% of size with 100% of size being at least 3 inches.
3. If you are nominating someone, please send the member's name and state to email@example.com as well as the Interview Questions for Spotlighted Members Form and the ADAA Photo Release Form to them for completion.
4. Any questions and all materials can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ADAA Update
The ADAA Update is a monthly E-Newsletter that is emailed out on the 15th of every month to all of our members. The purpose of this newsletter is to keep members up to date about what has been going on with the association and provide useful tips on membership benefits and website help.
If you feel that there is something of importance that our members should be aware of, please contact our Communications Assistant at email@example.com.