Forms & Registrations
Safety & Legal Resources
NFBA Severe Weather Response Survey
This survey is being conducted by the NFBA Technical & Research Committee. It is a brief survey designed to collect general information about post-frame construction performance during severe weather events. Please answer the questions as they relate to your observations following the August Derecho Storm and Hurricane Laura.
Your information will be kept anonymous, but you will have an option at the end of this survey to include your contact information if you are willing to be contacted by NFBA Staff and/or NFBA T&R Committee Members.
1. In your business operation region, what percentage of buildings that were severely damaged or destroyed in the severe weather events of August 2020 were post-frame structures?
2. Out of all the buildings that were severely damaged or destroyed, what were they being used for?
Residential / Accessory
3. Are you aware of post-frame buildings that were undamaged from the storm where buildings nearby were severely damaged or collapsed?
If yes, can we contact you for more information?
4. Are you aware of post-frame buildings that were severely damaged or collapsed from these storms?
If yes, can we contact your for more information?
5. Were there common themes or characteristics that you or others in your communities have been discussing to explain why some buildings were severely damaged or collapsed and some were undamaged? List as many plausible reasons as you've heard and describe whether you think they are actual causes as compared to reasons that are perceptions and/or guesses.
Observations / Themes
6. If you can, please share any personal stories you have about how post-frame buildings performed in these storms, good or bad. If you have pictures to share please upload them using the instructions below.
If you answered yes that you would permit NFBA to contact you, please complete the following information:
To submit photos that you would like to share for the purposes of this survey, please use one of the following options:
1. Email your photos to email@example.com
2. Upload your photos to our Google Drive folder here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NgyyTDZ6JxYyLqRkzAbOy-1FSMbQZJIC?usp=sharing
©2020 National Frame Building Association
7250 Poe Avenue, Suite 410
Dayton, OH 45414
Phone: (800) 557-6957
General & Website Information: