OHSBCA Poll Voting Guidelines
Deadline September 30, 2023
Eligible Poll Voters have two voting responsibilities:
State Coaches Poll: Member Teams are rated in each of the four divisions nine times each spring. Poll champions are recognized at the state clinic. There are 32 voting coaches in each division.
All-Ohio Coaches Poll Team: The poll coaches in each division select an All-Ohio Team. All players, of member schools, are eligible (not just seniors). Each division selects a Player of the Year (POY) and a Coach-of-the-Year (COY). They are recognized by the wire services and are awarded a plaque at the annual convention.
Weekly Poll Voting begins Friday, March 15-17, 2024 for the Pre-Season Poll and concludes May 17-19, 2024 for final Team Rankings. Poll Team All-Ohio voting begins May 24-26, 2024.
- 32 coaches vote in each division.
- Coaches must be a member of the OHSBCA in order to vote, be ranked, or nominate for All-Ohio.
- Coaches are selected by their district reps. upon completion of the application
- Any head coach who is interested in voting must complete an online application. Applications are available on line at www.ohsbca.org. starting June 1 and ending in September 30th each year. Current Voters must re-apply.
- The number of coaches voting in a district will vary, determined by the number of coaches in their respective district. (Determined by member schools per District/Division)
- Coaches selected to vote will be notified by their District Reps and their names /emails will be put on the website.
- The Poll will be conducted for 10 consecutive weeks. Ballots will be e-mailed to eligible poll voters and recorded between Thursday and Saturday of the indicated weeks. Results will be online on our website the following Monday.
- Electronic ballots to be sent to voters via email each Thursday at noon. Voting begins at Noon on Friday and ends 11:59PM on Sunday.
- If your team deserves recognition, or if you have a player who should be considered All-State, be sure that the voters have the needed information before the start of the balloting by emailing them and updating team record in the weekly Google Sheet.
- Coaches who are eligible to vote will receive information on the voting procedure starting the last week of March and will receive their ballots during the second week in April.
- The Final Ballot 10th Ballot for All-Ohio will be sent beginning at Thursday, May 26th and Ending Midnight Sunday, May 29th will be the All-State, Coaches Poll Team Ballot. Results released when verified by District Reps.
Chagrin Falls High School
State Poll Director