ACH Coordinator II
ORNL Federal Credit Union
Position Title: ACH Coordinator II – Oak Ridge, TN
Role: The ACH Coordinator II has overall responsibility to ensure ACH and drafts are processed in a timely and accurate manner and provides ACH related support to research and resolve issues for members and coworkers. The ACH Coordinator II is the contact for other financial institutions and various government branches for ACH items.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the liaison for EASE and IT to manage daily posting jobs/files. Reviews AM and PM files and works directly with EASE to resolve issues and ensure timely posting and returns. Processes ACH and draft exceptions and returns daily. Reviews and balances ACH and draft returns, and ACH originations to ensure totals align with the Federal Reserve and to minimize losses to the credit union.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for ACH compliance. Supports internal stakeholders to provide guidance and education relating to ACH postings. Analyzes scenarios based on application of federal laws, rules, and regulations. Identifies potential risk and works with staff and management to effectively limit exposure by ensuring that controls, policies, and procedures are established, utilized, and updated.
- Processes all ACH origination, disputes, and stop payments requests, researches and resolves issues relating to ACHs in accordance with the NACHA operating rules and any relative regulation such as return time-frames, notification of changes, error resolution, and reclamation. Works independently to make posting decisions and escalates issues and concerns to AVP Payment Services.
- Assists members and employees with ACH questions and concerns on a daily basis. Contacts FIs on behalf of the credit union and members to resolve issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Experience: Five or more years of ACH processing experience at a financial institution. This includes the ability to manually process files, management of incoming and outgoing files, and responsibility to returns.
Education: A two-year college degree in business, finance, or organizational management or completion of a specialized training in ACH management required. Certification as ACH Professional (AAP) required and must be able to maintain the AAP certification.
Other skills required:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Ability to analyze various data points and systems required
- Ability to balance workload, prioritize, multi-task throughout the workday required
- Strong computer skills with the ability to utilize various applications via desktop, tablet and mobile required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills by phone, email, and in person required
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to think independently and make independent decisions
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is March 15, 2022. To apply, please visit our career site: https://www.ornlfcu.com/careers