Senior Commercial Underwriter
About Optus Bank:
Optus Bank is a fast-growing unique financial institution focused on creating wealth building opportunities for people and places historically underserved by traditional banks while also providing competitive and complementary banking services to all people in South Carolina and beyond. Optus Bank believes that banking services should be a powerful tool for wealth building opportunities for all people, regardless of their socioeconomic status. To realize that vision, Optus Bank is expanding into new markets and new lines of business and growing its team with people that share its values and entrepreneurial spirit. We have raised more than $100 million in growth capital over the past few months and look forward to deploying it for positive impact on our customers, communities, employees and shareholders.
Senior Commercial Underwriter (underwriter) has primary focus on analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information and able to make recommendations/decisions regarding the extension of credit considering all elements of the customers' request, including the appropriate credit structure.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Meeting with loan applicants, analyzing and reviewing applications, negotiating terms with applicants, documenting loan transactions (“asset custody”) and making recommendation for approvals. Handle complex or problematic loans as needed.
- Prepare and interpret the more complex spreads of financial statements, complete credit memos and appropriately structure loans to maximize the chances of borrower’s success and mitigate risk for the bank.
- Prepare and present structured and underwritten loan opportunities.
- Complete background research on borrowers to include industry information, personal and/or company background/ history and other necessary information to complete loan package.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education:
- At least five years of experience as a commercial underwriter and/or significant experience in underwriting and structuring of commercial credits.
- Experience using federal guarantee programs or consumer/mortgage lending is a plus.
- Experience in Loan Administration, Credit Administration is a plus.
- Education: Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business Management higher education preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply for this position, please go to the link below on Indeed: