Church Relations Specialist
Oesterlen Services For Youth, Inc.
The Church Relations Specialist will work in partnership with the Executive Director, Director of Development, Senior Staff, and External Consultants on:
• Maintaining and deepening relationships with
o The three Synods of the ELCA in Ohio
o Church-based organizations
• Developing and implementing strategies to engage church partners in the support of Oesterlen Services For Youth through volunteerism and fundraising
• Representing Oesterlen Services For Youth through public appearances at congregations, assemblies, and other events. Includes regular Sunday morning and evening requirements
• Support the other duties of the development office as determined by the director of development
• Support faith life on our campus by giving support to chapel services, and the needs of the children we serve and our staff Qualifications
• Working knowledge of ELCA beliefs and structures-ELCA Rostered leader preferred but not required
• Proven ability to build relationships and raise funds for a faith-based, non-profit organization
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly and with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision making capability
• Emotional and Spiritual maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also work effective independently
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions Location
• It is intended that this position will be based at the Oesterlen Services For Youth, Inc. offices in Springfield, OH.
This position is intended to be Full-time.
• Appropriate salary is negotiable.
• This position offers a generous benefits package with Medical, Short-term and Long-term Disability, and PTO starting at 25 Days per year and scaling to 35 Days per year over time.
Education and Experience Requirements
• 4-year college degree preferred
• Rostered Pastor or Deacon in the ELCA, or full-communion partner church body preferred
Applicants may send resumes and supporting documentation for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Oesterlen Services for Youth, please visit their website at www.oesterlen.org.