Assistant Director of Admission (Seminary Recruiter)
Under the direction of the Director of Adult, Graduate, and Seminary Admission, this position is responsible for high skill level recruitment activities for Trinity Lutheran Seminary. This individual will recruit targeted populations to increase diversity and inclusion among the student body. Responsibilities also include working with all admissions staff on application review, student and family meetings and communications, events and other marketing and recruitment related initiatives.
- Plans and executes strategic nationwide travel in support of Trinity's enrollment goals by recruiting students for all degree and certificate programs.
- Serves as the primary representative of Trinity Lutheran Seminary's recruiting efforts at special events, such as: college and university job fairs; graduate school fairs; ministry fairs and events; church events and conferences; and outdoor ministry sites.
- Coaches prospective students throughout the discernment process and into the admissions process.
- Coordinates and provides training for peer to peer student recruitment program, including oversight over Spark, Ignite, and Sustain the Flame events.
- Collaborates with the University Pastor in programs related to undergraduate student discernment; develops new partnerships and networks in previously under-represented circles;strengthens Trinity Lutheran Seminary's image among congregations, national communities, employers, universities and others who influence one's choice of discernment.
- Assists in marketing initiatives including mailings, recruitment publications, events, social media, vendor relationships and more.
- Participates in professional development opportunities such as conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university required; Master's degree preferred.
- Previous ministry experience required; ELCA membership and knowledge of ELCA candidacy process preferred.
- Current motor vehicle license required. Current passport (or ability to obtain a passport).
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products with the ability to learn Colleague, Slate CRM, and other programs as needed.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Travel time: 50%
Capital University is committed to increasing the diversity of the Capital community and curriculum. This commitment includes Capital's dedication to the development of faculty and staff who are committed to inclusive practices in teaching, learning, working and all other campus and community interactions. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.
*Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered*
Inquiries should be made to:
email@example.com Director of Adult, Graduate and Seminary and Operations Technology