Thrive! E-Blast for 6.18.19: Steps for Your Congregation to Participate in Thrive
Steps for Your Congregation to Participate in Thrive
There was a lot of excitement at the Synod Assembly about the Thrive Campaign and how it will benefit congregations and rostered leaders of the Southern Ohio Synod. Here are steps every congregation is asked to take in order to seriously consider taking part in the campaign … and join in the growing excitement:
- Schedule a convenient time between June 2019 and October 2019 for your church leaders to watch a 15-minute Council Visit Presentation Video. It will provide the information needed to make a decision about selecting a Congregation Leader who can learn more about specifics of the campaign. The video is on the Thrive Quick Links section of the Synod website or may be obtained by contacting the Campaign Manager, Pastor Larry Donner, at Thrive@SouthernOhioSynod.org.
- Select a Congregation Leader by October 31, 2019. Some congregations may prefer to appoint their entire Stewardship Team rather than just one individual. (Please return a Congregation Leader Appointment Form to Synod.)
- Arrange for your Congregation Leader (or Team) to attend a Congregation Leader Training Event in your area. Five separate events will take place around the Synod (see dates and locations in the article below).
Congregation Leaders will receive a full manual, complete training, plus sufficient printed and audio-visual materials for your congregation’s membership.
Please register your Leaders by emailing their names and which event will be attended to: Thrive@SouthernOhioSynod.org.
- Set a 3-year Thrive campaign non-binding financial goal for your congregation. It is requested that you consider a goal of $125-$200 per average worshipper to help us reach the base or even challenge goal. (Please return a Congregation Acceptance Form to Synod.)
- Conduct a 5-6-week financial gifts campaign culminating in seeking 3-year pledges from families of the congregation. The campaign is to be completed during 2020 although other options will be offered at Congregation Leader Training.
- Gifts and/or pledges received at the end of your campaign will be collected at your congregation and then shared with the Synod.
After congregations complete their campaigns, they will be offered training, materials and expertise in how to seek planned gifts through church member estate planning. This, in turn, will be followed by an effort to convert planned gifts into sustained giving that will benefit congregations and the Synod into the future.
Thank you for your prayerful and serious consideration on taking part in Thrive … and for your partnership in the gospel of Jesus Christ!
Thrive “Congregation Leader Training” Dates and Locations
Has your church appointed a “Congregation Leader”? Every congregation is asked to appoint a Congregation Leader (or Team) by October 31st , complete and submit a Congregation Leader Appointment Form , and then arrange for the Leader(s) to attend a training event in your area. Here are the training dates and locations where Congregation Leaders will learn all they need to know about running their congregation’s Thrive campaign, as well as how to conduct effective stewardship campaigns for your church.
November 2, 2019
10:00-11:30 am Good Shepherd, 7701 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati
2:00-3:30 pm St. John, 122 West National Road, Vandalia
7:00-8:30 pm Synod Office, 300 S. 2nd Street, Columbus
November 17, 2019
2:00-3:30 pm St. John’s, 116 North 7th Street, Zanesville
5:00-6:30 pm First English, 220 North Columbus Street, Lancaster
To help in our planning, please register your Leaders by emailing their names and which event they will be attending to: Thrive@SouthernOhioSynod.org.
Download the full packet for Congregational Participation below: