Thrive! E-Blast for 9.10.19
Questions About Thrive?
Thrive! is about fulfilling our synod’s vision of being “Stronger and Better Together: Joining Jesus in the Restoration of the World.”
Watching the new Thrive! Council Presentation Video with your Congregation Council and/or other appropriate leaders no later than mid-October is the best first step toward getting answers about the benefits of taking part in Thrive!
After viewing the Thrive! Council Presentation Video, these are the next steps you are encouraged to take:
1. Appoint a Congregation Leader by October 31st. This is the person who will take primary responsibility for your church’s campaign. Some churches may wish to appoint a team of leaders, such as the Stewardship Team. Either way, note that the October 31ST deadline is important for doing Step 3 below!
3. Register your Congregation Leader(s) to attend any one of the five training events being held around the Synod. Pastors are encouraged to attend, too! Please register by emailing names and contact info to: Thrive@SouthernOhioSynod.org.
November 2, 2019
10:00-11:30 Good Shepherd, 7701 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati
2:00-3:30 St. John, 122 West National Road, Vandalia
7:00-8:30 Synod Office, Columbus
November 17, 2019
2:00-3:30 St. John’s, 116 North 7th Street, Zanesville
5:00-6:30 First English, 220 North Columbus Street, Lancaster
The Leader(s) will receive complete training, a comprehensive Campaign Manual, and all the printed materials your church needs for your Thrive! Campaign.
Note: If the Congregation Leader(s) are unable to attend any of these sessions, please contact Campaign Manager, Pastor Larry Donner (Thrive@SouthernOhioSynod.org), right away to make alternate arrangements.
- Set a 3-year Thrive! campaign non-binding financial goal for your congregation. (Refer to Congregation Acceptance Form for more information.)
- Conduct your congregation’s five-to-six week Thrive! campaign during a convenient time period in 2020.
- Receive donations for Thrive! at your church throughout the 3-year campaign and share them with the Synod in the same manner as Regular Mission Support. In late 2020 and then during 2021, take part in training on building endowments, how to estate planning education, and converting special giving into regular giving to help build support for your congregation’s ministry.
And finally, please give your church members the opportunity to decide for themselves about supporting Thrive! Following the above steps will do that and, we believe, help your congregation and the whole Synod to thrive! Thank you!
Final Gatherings for Rostered Ministers and Their Spouses Now Scheduled
The Thrive! Campaign is about equipping the people of God in Southern Ohio to thrive in ways we have not previously been able to afford or attempt. Rostered Ministers and their spouses are invited to learn more during Gatherings with Bishop Dillahunt and Pastor Larry Donner, the Thrive! Campaign Manager. The Bishop will also share insights on actions taken at the Churchwide Assembly.
Those who attended August Gatherings found them informative and helpful. Please accept our invitation to join us at one of the Gatherings below. Kindly RSVP to the host site.
- Central Ohio Conference Gathering, September 16, 7-8:30 pm at All Saints, Worthington. Wine, beer and cheeses will be provided. Please RSVP no later than noon Monday, September 16th, to: 614-885-0112 or ASLC@saintsonhigh.org (include “Central Ohio Conference” in the memo line).
- Scioto Conference Gathering, Monday, October 7th, 7:00-9:00 p.m. at St. Paul, Lancaster (125 N. Eastwood Ave.) Light snacks, desserts and soft drinks will be provided. Please RSVP to Paul at 740-654-1331 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 4th.