Thrive! E-Blast for 9.17.19
Thrive! Already Making an Impact
We are excited to announce that as of September 15th, there have been over $210,000 in advance commitments made to the Thrive! Campaign and over $80,000 already collected. This strong response is allowing us to move forward on several initiatives, showing that we are indeed “Stronger and Better Together.”
Here is a sample of what we are already doing because of Thrive –
- Goal 1: Equipping Lay Leaders: 42 people pre-registered for the September 17th Council President & Other Leader Training–– and at least 3 more training events will be scheduled and held around the Synod
- Goal 3: Strengthening Rostered Ministers: A 2nd Coaching Cohort for rostered ministers is being planned
- Goal 5: Enhancing Worship Practice: Josh Brodbeck, the Synod Assembly Worship Director, has joined the synod staff and will oversee coordination of fulfilling Goal 5 initiatives. Preliminary planning for collaboration and sharing of resources is underway.
Thank you for your support that is bringing hope to people across the Synod, and providing training to help us more effectively share the gospel of Jesus Christ!
Now Is the Time!
Thrive! is about fulfilling our synod’s vision of being “Stronger and Better Together: Joining Jesus in the Restoration of the World” –– and now is the time to take action to help more fully bring the vision to life.
- If you have not already done so, please watch the new Thrive! Council Presentation Video with your Congregation Council and/or other appropriate leaders to learn about the benefits of taking part in Thrive!
- Endeavor to appoint a Congregation Leader and/or a Stewardship Team (pastors will want to attend, too!) by October 31st so that your Leader(s) may attend one of the following November training events:
November 2, 2019
10:00-11:30 Good Shepherd, 7701 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati
2:00-3:30 St. John, 122 West National Road, Vandalia
7:00-8:30 Synod Office, Columbus
November 17, 2019
2:00-3:30 St. John’s, 116 North 7th Street, Zanesville
5:00-6:30 First English, 220 North Columbus Street, Lancaster
Those attending will receive complete training, a comprehensive Campaign Manual, and all the printed materials your church needs for your Thrive! Campaign.
Please be sure to register for your event by emailing names and contact info to: Thrive@SouthernOhioSynod.org.
Note: If the Congregation Leader(s) are unable to attend any of the scheduled training sessions, please contact Campaign Manager, Pastor Larry Donner (Thrive@SouthernOhioSynod.org), right away to make alternate arrangements.
- Return copies of the Congregation Acceptance Form and Congregation Leader Form to the Synod office or Thrive@SouthernOhioSynod.org so that we know you are on board.
- Set a 3-year Thrive! campaign non-binding financial goal for your congregation. (Refer to Congregation Acceptance Form for details.)
- Set dates in 2020 that work best for your congregation to conduct your congregation’s five-to-six week Thrive! campaign.
- Receive donations for Thrive! at your church and share them with the Synod in the same manner as Regular Mission Support.
- In late 2020, get training on how to build endowments, do estate planning education, and converting special giving into regular giving to help build support for your congregation’s ministry.
- And finally, please give your church members the opportunity to decide for themselves about supporting Thrive! Following the above steps will do that and, we believe, help your congregation and the whole Synod to thrive!
Final Gathering for Rostered Ministers and Their Spouses to be Held in Scioto Conference
Five Gatherings with Bishop Dillahunt and Pastor Larry Donner, the Thrive! Campaign Manager, have been held around the synod to help inform us about Thrive! And the excitement is growing!
Now a final Gathering will be held, and all Rostered Ministers and their spouses who have not attended a prior Gathering are invited and to attend. Please accept our invitation!
- Scioto Conference Gathering, Monday, October 7th, 7:00-9:00 p.m. at St. Paul, Lancaster (125 N. Eastwood Ave.) Light snacks, desserts and soft drinks will be provided.
- Please RSVP directly to St. Paul Lutheran Church at 740-654-1331 or email@example.com no later than October 4th.