The mission of Central States Communication Association (CSCA) is to unite and educate people with both an affinity to the central region of the United States and a scholarly interest in all areas of communication for promotion of their mutual goals and advancement of their field. CSCA strives to provide:
- Sustained mentoring from senior to junior scholars.
- Ongoing facilitation of networking across the discipline of communication.
- Annual honors and awards for outstanding service, teaching, and scholarship.
- Nationally recognized outlets showcasing excellent scholarship for both consumers and producers (via the journal and the annual convention).
- Regular opportunities to share innovative teaching practices that influence life-long learning.
CSCA 2016 Conference
Grand Rapids, MI
April 13 - 17, 2016
Primary Program Planner:
Shawn T. Wahl
Foundation has been selected as the theme for the 2016 Central States Communication Association convention in order to celebrate a place where colleagues can discuss new teaching ideas, friends can reconnect, and all of us can maintain and build grounding and stability as communication scholars.
- Program Proof 2 will not be updated until after February 19th (edit requests received after 5pm on this date will not be considered). NOTE: Proof 2 changes/edits will then form the Final Proof that will go to convention program production in early March.
- The only changes that will be considered are: significant errors, typos, participant affiliation changes and participants who are double-booked in the convention program.
- Changes will not be made for participants who want to present on a particular day due to travel conflicts, personal time preferences, back to back panels and the like.
- While new panels will not be added to the program at this stage in the process, future proofs will include the Undergraduate Honors Conference Panels, updated convention reception information and a limited number of spotlight panel adjustments.
Edit requests should be sent to: