The mission of Central States Communication Association (CSCA) is to unite and educate people with both an affinity to the central region of the United States and a scholarly interest in all areas of communication for promotion of their mutual goals and advancement of their field. CSCA strives to provide:
- Sustained mentoring from senior to junior scholars.
- Ongoing facilitation of networking across the discipline of communication.
- Annual honors and awards for outstanding service, teaching, and scholarship.
- Nationally recognized outlets showcasing excellent scholarship for both consumers and producers (via the journal and the annual convention).
- Regular opportunities to share innovative teaching practices that influence life-long learning.
CSCA 2014 Call for Submissions
April 2nd - 6th, 2014
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: October 4, 2013
Using the convention theme, “Elevate,” I invite submissions that address the many ways that we can elevate our research, teaching, and fellowship. By pushing the boundaries of traditional inquiry, we can elevate our understanding of communication. By pushing the boundaries of traditional instruction, we can elevate our ability to educate others about communication. Program planners are encouraged to consider creative ways to develop innovative co-sponsored panels. There will also be spotlight panels dedicated to the convention theme. This broad and flexible theme will allow us an opportunity to explore the ways that we can “Elevate” the membership of CSCA by creating more opportunities for teaching, scholarship, and fellowship.
I look forward to the opportunity to work with our members and program planners to organize the 2014 conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Please feel free to contact me if you would like any additional information or have questions, comments, feedback and/or ideas at CSCA@depaul.edu or (312)362-7948.