Central States Communication Association
2024 Annual Conference
Amway Grand Plaza
Grand Rapids, Michigan
April 2 – 7, 2024
Faculty, students, independent scholars, and community partners are all encouraged to attend the 2024 convention to explore the conference theme: Incoherence.
The conference will feature:
- Research paper sessions and discussion panels organized by Interest Groups and Caucuses
- Great Ideas For Teaching (GIFT) sessions
- Regional scholarship showcases organized by the States Advisory Council
- Undergraduate Honors Research Conference
- Federation Prize recipient presentation
- Spotlight panels connected to conference theme
- ... and much more!
The deadline for submissions is October 7, 2023, 11:59 pm CDT
Primary Program Planner: Dr. Kathy Denker, email@example.com
Preconference information will be available in the fall.
Amway Grand Plaza Information
The 2024 conference hotel is The Amway Grand Plaza.
Hotel address: 187 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Phone: (616) 774-2000
2024 Room Rates
$139/night plus 15% taxes
Parking: $15 per day (self)/$20 per day (valet)
Registration opens in January 2024.
A credit card is required to reserve your room, but no deposit will be collected at this time.
Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve early to ensure you have lodging onsite!
Important: We strongly suggest that you book your room as soon as possible but before February 14. You do not have to pay your room fee in advance -- you simply need a credit card to hold your room. Once the hotel is filled, there will be no overflow hotels for this year's conference. Those who reserve early should be easily accommodated.
- Central location in Downtown Grand Rapids
- Complimentary wireless internet access in sleeping rooms
- Complimentary shared wireless internet access in meeting rooms
- Fully outfitted fitness center with spectacular city views and rooftop pickleball
- Day passes to Worklab (Grand Rapids coworking & meeting space)