Why choose an ASC?
Looking for an ASC career? We post listings for ASC nurses, surgery center staff, surgical nurse, pacu nurse, OR nurse, ASC administrator and many more everyday!
Director of Nursing
The Surgery Center of Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
The Surgery Center of Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Joint Commission accredited, is looking for a dedicated, experienced, quality-driven Director of Nursing (DON) to join our professional patient care team.
The Director of Nursing (DON) provides nursing and administrative direction to all clinical staff of the surgery center, including directing and coordinating all clinical activities, resources and personnel. DON provides clinical and operational expertise to the clinical areas; creates, updates, interprets and enforces personnel policies and procedures; develops through collaboration with Clinical Managers and Charge Nurses, and nursing team, all clinical policies, procedures and programs, demonstrates leadership ability and exceptional professional behavior while conducting day to day responsibilities, collaborates with the Administrator and/or Medical Director in the development of the clinical budgets and staffing plans. This position does require patient care responsibilities as needed to support clinical staff.
Position Reports to:
All Clinical Personnel, OR Manager, PACU Manager, Charge Nurses, Radiology Technician, and other personnel as assigned.
Licenses or Certifications:
Current licensure to practice in the State of California. Successful completion of Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support Course.
Education, vocational training and experience:
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. A BSN or equivalent experience is required. Significant experience in Operating Room and Clinical Nursing and Management is required. Current experience in ambulatory surgery is required. Current CNOR certificate preferred. Materials management experience is preferred. Must have the ability to manage multiple facility operations.
We are located in a metropolitan area on the boundaries of Berkeley and Oakland. We are adjacent to the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station for easy access via public transportation and we also offer free reserved parking.
The Surgery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Surgery Center will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, marital status, familial status, political belief, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are motivated to work in a fast-paced, high quality environment with a mix of specialty services, please contact us by faxing your resume to Kim D’Ambrosia, RN, MSN, CASC, Administrator, Fax: 510-653-5242.
Director of Nursing
Fort Sutter Surgery Center
Come join our team! Our busy multi-specialty surgery center located in midtown Sacramento is looking for a skilled and dynamic leader to join our team as a Director of Nursing.
The Director of Nursing/Clinical Services oversees licensure, regulatory and accreditation compliance, quality improvement, risk management and the managerial direction of clinical operations at the surgery center. This position directly and indirectly supervises all personnel and operations in the pre-operative, intra-operative, post-operative, sterile processing and materials management departments. Directly supervises the Nurse Managers and Charge Nurses.
- Current Valid RN License to practice Nursing in the State of California Required
- BSN Preferred
- BLS, ACLS & PALS Required
- Significant experience working in an OR and PACU, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center OR as typically acquired in 4 years.
- Significant managerial experience in surgical services as typically acquired in 3 years, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Requires significant experience in policy & program development, implementation, administration and leadership in quality improvement, risk management, safety, infection control and physician credentialing.
- Materials management experience is preferred, including application of purchasing processes to order supplies and equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to tactfully direct the efforts of diverse health professionals to meet patient and physician needs.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, vendors, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable licensure, accreditation and regulatory requirements (State, CMS, AAAHC, AORN, ASPAN, CDC, OSHA, DEA, CLIA, FDA).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in problem identification, analysis and resolution using a scientific approach.
- Must have well-developed team-building and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot clinical and surgical equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to function efficiently and responsibly in emergency situations.
- Advanced computer skills.
- BLS required.
- ACLS/PALS (per facility policy).
If interested, please apply online using the following link:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Director of Nursing
Physicians Surgery Center
Our multi-specialty Surgical Center located in Victorville, CA is in need of a full-time Director of Nursing. The Director of Nursing is responsible for directing, coordinating, and controlling the multi-disciplinary activities required to provide a safe environment for patients undergoing surgical intervention.
- Determines and accomplishes objectives which are in concert with facility objectives.
- Supervises and directs patient care.
- Supervises other personnel and staff; directs and assists as necessary.
- Assures that proper technique and practices are used according to accepted standards of practice.
- Ensures quality patient care following the center’s policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to physicians as required.
- Ensures proper documentation to meet state licensing, Medicare, and accreditation standards.
- Conducts group meetings and coaching on a one-to-one basis.
- Participates in the quality improvement process. Acts as the Quality Improvement Coordinator for the Center.
- Participates in the center’s infection control plan process. Reduces chances of nosocomial infection by directing attention to infection control and environmental safety practices.
- Participates in financial oversight within budgetary guidelines, particularly with staff salaries and payroll costs.
- Follows through with orientation, training, and education of personnel to procedures, methods, techniques and safety precautions.
- Determines performance expectations for nursing personnel. Provides for a performance appraisal system based on performance expectations and individual goals.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures.
- Interprets policy, procedures and directives and recommends the establishment, amendment or cancellation of policies, procedures or directives.
- Determines educational needs of staff and provides appropriate resources for meeting educational needs.
- Participates in Medical Executive Committee activities.
- Assumes the responsibility for assurance of patient safety during the state of enforced dependency created preoperatively, intra-operatively, and postoperatively.
- Is responsible for creating a safe, therapeutic environment in which the patient's psychological, physiological and physical needs are identified, anticipated, and met.
- Has a thorough working knowledge of aseptic technique and its application.
- Assesses needs for instrumentation, supplies, equipment and pharmaceutical requirements of surgical procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Director of Clinical Services, the Medical Director, and the Governing Body.
- Is responsible for overseeing and directing all drug utilization, control and accountability per policies.
- Must file an incident report for any unusual event that occurs to a patient or member of staff; this would include, but not be limited to, falls, needlestick injuries, aspiration of gastric contents, allergic reactions, and disruptive behavior by staff or patients. Also required to report any incidences or alleged incidences of abuse, harassment, or injury to self, other employees, or patients occurring at the Center or relating to the Center.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
- Current RN (Registered Nurse) licensure in the State of California.
- Current certification in Basic BLS, ACLS and PALS.
- At least two years of recent experience as a charge nurse.
- Full command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- May be expected to lift twenty-five pounds without assistance.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume for immediate review to Carole Schumacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Director of Nursing
Acuity Eye Group
San Gabriel, CA
Acuity Eye Group is a nationally recognized group of Ophthalmology practices that specializes in a wide variety of services to help patients receive treatment for a number of different vision-related needs. Acuity Eye Group has offices located throughout several regions in Southern and Central California and we continue to grow! Currently, our group Specialists treat patients in more than 45 locations and 4 Ambulatory Surgery Centers in California. Because of our growth and the patients we need to treat, we must expand our teams and are currently looking for the right individual to join our Leadership team as a Director of Nursing.
The Director of Nursing will be responsible for making sure the San Gabriel Ambulatory Surgery Center is operating efficiently, consistently, and is staffed appropriately, including scheduling, downtime and overtime. The Director of Nursing will ensure all clinical best practices and policies are followed, while proactively solving problems. The Director, Nursing will be responsible for selecting, training and on-boarding Nurses and all Surgery Center personnel. The Director of Nursing will develop team members through effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring of the Nurses and operatory personnel. The Director of Nursing will collaborate with the Doctors and Surgery Center leads to operate profitable Surgery Centers, while providing the best patient care. Other important responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage.
- Develops, maintains, and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Participates in all patient care decisions, and performs AP-TCN duties on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in daily or weekly management team meetings to discuss patient status, census changes, personnel, or resident complaints or concerns.
- Exercises overall supervision of patient assessments and care plans.
- Develops, maintains, and reviews weekly reports from every region to monitor and ensure timely, effective communication to significant changes in condition, and care plans.
- Collaborates with physicians, facilities, community agencies, and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified problems.
- Oversees nursing schedules to assure they meet patient needs and regulatory and budgetary standards.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel and assures sufficient staff are hired and fully utilized.
- Oversees and supervises development and delivery of in-service education to equip nursing staff with sufficient knowledge and skills to provide compassionate, quality care and respect for patient rights.
- Performs rounds to observe care and to interview staff, patients, families/caregivers or other interested parties.
- Proactively develops procedures to promote workplace safety and safe work practices.
- Coordinates and/or develops on-going QA activities for nursing services to monitor nursing compliance with standards and regulatory requirements through rounds, interviews, and record reviews. Compiles summary of findings for the Compliance Department.
- Communicates directly with patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, interdisciplinary team members, and regional management to coordinate care and services, promote participation of care plans, and maintain a high quality of care and life for patients.
- Promotes customer service and hospitality and responds to and adequately resolves complaints or concerns from patients or families about nursing services.
- Monitors service incidents and complaints as needed to identify those defined as unusual occurrences by State policy and promptly reports such occurrences to the Doctors/Managing Partner.
- Collaborates with other facilities, medical professionals, consultants, and organizations, including government agencies to develop, support and coordinate patient care, related administrative functions, and to represent the interests of the organization.
- Leads and supports care programs and research, and assists in marketing, business development, outreach, education, quality improvement, and other initiatives as needed.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies.
- Actively share ideas in a constructive and positive manner by listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
- Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations (e.g., OSHA, WC, -HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
For this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years of related Ambulatory and/or Circulating Nursing experience.
- Current RN license that is in good standing in the state of California.
- CPR Certification.
- Current ACLS/BLS Certification.
We hope (but don’t require) that you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the Ophthalmology Industry
- Experience in multiple Surgery Center locations.
- A working knowledge of Regulatory and Accreditation Surveys (AAAHC Accreditation).
If you are the one we’re looking for, in addition to helping our company continue to grow, you will also get:
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans for yourself and/or your family
- 401K plan with an employer match opportunity
- Life insurance program
You will be based out of our surgery center in San Gabriel, CA but you will also have to oversee our surgery center in Lancaster, CA. Some travel to Lancaster will be required for this position.
If you’ve come this far, you’re obviously intrigued by this opportunity. Acuity is one of the largest comprehensive Ophthalmology group practices in the U.S. Come join our team and help us continue to reach more patients in more markets than we’ve ever served before!
If interested, please email your resume to: email@example.com.
Redding Endoscopy Center
Redding , CA
The RN Administrator is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all activities of the center according to its policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives. The RN Administrator participates in financial and cost-containment decisions and ensures that the center meets all related local, state, federal, and accrediting-body rules and regulations. The RN Administrator serves as internal risk manager and is responsible for management of all aspects of the environment of care, personnel, materials/equipment, education of personnel, and administrative duties. Coordinates and directs patient care in the center according to adopted policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and accepted accreditation standards. The RN Administrator promotes a favorable image of the center to physicians, patients, insurance companies, and the general public, and may delegate duties as he or she deems necessary.
- Supports the center’s ideology, mission, goals, and objectives
- Performs in accordance with the center’s policies and procedures
- Follows the center’s standards for ethical business conduct
- Conducts self as a positive role model and team member
- Recognizes patients’ rights and responsibilities and supports them in performance of job duties
- Respects patients’ rights to privacy, dignity, and confidentiality General
- Participates in center committees, meetings, in-services, and activities
- Recommends short- and long-term goals for the center to the management company and governing body
- Recommends action plan for attaining goals approved by the management company/governing body
- Maintains center and equipment to ensure cleanliness, sterility, and operational ability at all times
- Monitors the environment of care, including temperature, cleanliness, sterility, operational ability, ventilation, lighting, etc.
- Evaluates need for new/different items relative to competitive trends and needs of the community and center
- Coordinates center’s arrangements with contracted service providers (e.g., pathology, radiology, housekeeping)
- Maintains liaisons with professional ASC associations and incorporates new concepts into appropriate center procedures Communication
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers
- Interacts with others in a positive, respectful, and considerate manner
- Promotes effective communication among the center’s clinical areas, business office, and physician practices Financial practices
- Promotes cost containment and efficient use of center resources
- Analyzes work area and makes recommendations for potential cost-effective improvements
- Oversees business office functions to maintain efficiency
- Monitors payroll and benefits programs for accuracy, timeliness, cost-effectiveness, and compliance with state and federal regulations
- Develops and implements capital and operating budgets
- Conducts cost analyses to promote cost-effective operations and reports findings to AmSurg and governing body
- Audits accounts receivable and accounts payable for timely collections and payments
- Negotiates managed-care contracts and maintains positive communication with third-party payers
- Coordinates purchasing of equipment/supplies to provide optimum patient care within budget allowances. Compliance program
- Contributes to the progress and development of the center’s adopted compliance program
- Performs according to established compliance policies and procedures
- Coordinates with AmSurg Corporate Compliance in implementing and maintaining compliance program Performance-improvement program
- Contributes to the progress and development of the center's adopted performance-improvement program
- Performs according to established performance-improvement policies and procedures
- Serves on the performance-improvement committee
- Ensures that performance-improvement meetings’ schedule and agenda meet accrediting-body/licensure guidelines and ensures timely notification to participants
- Assists in the development and revisions of the performance-improvement program, policies, and procedures
- Coordinates activities with the performance-improvement chairperson to promote medical staff involvement in the program
- Promotes medical staff involvement in the performance-improvement program
- Identifies needs of performance-improvement program and submits request to management company/governing body for necessary resources
- Evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes objectively to identify ways to improve patient care and performance standards Safety/risk-management program
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities
- Works with the safety officer to resolve observed or suspected safety violations, hazards, and policy and procedure noncompliance
- Serves as internal risk manager and oversees the safety and risk-management program, ensuring a safe environment for patients, medical staff, visitors, and center employees
- Responds to emergency situations with competence and composure
- Verifies that OSHA requirements are met and that documentation is current
- Implements and manages emergency preparedness plan
- Ensures that fire/disaster drills are conducted according to state and accrediting-body guidelines and are documented in a timely manner Professional competence
- Participates in continuing education and other learning experiences
- Shares knowledge gained in continuing education with staff
- Maintains membership in relevant professional organizations
- Seeks new learning experiences by accepting challenging opportunities and responsibilities
- Welcomes suggestions and recommendations Personnel
- Implements approved personnel policies according to applicable state and federal laws
- Employs, counsels, and terminates non physician staff as needed
- Completes or oversees evaluation process for all employees
- Oversees and contributes to the employees’ orientation and mandatory education program
- Directs in-service education programs with regard to purpose, content, and need; ensures staff attendance
- Maintains confidential personnel files according to state and federal guidelines Medical staff
- Maintains open line of communication with medical director
- Oversees medical staff/medical affiliate credentialing program
- Maintains confidentiality of medical staff/medical affiliate credentialing files Regulatory
- Remains current on all applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations, and professional and accrediting-body standards
- Submits required reports on a timely basis
- Develops, interprets, and implements policies, procedures, regulations, programs, and recommended practices to meet requirements of regulatory and accrediting organizations
- Reviews policies/procedures to ensure continued compliance with state, federal, and accrediting-body rules, regulations, and standards Marketing
- Suggests marketing plan to management company and governing body
- Markets to managed-care entities
- Markets to physicians and their staff
- Maintains awareness of medical community and assesses new arrivals’ candidacy for medical staff membership
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Registered Nurse with an active state license required, bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have minimum of five (5) years within the healthcare industry with two (2) years in supervisory or administrative position. Prefer at least one year ambulatory care.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES
- Puzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
- Excellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
- Ownership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners’ success
- Positive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
- Leadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
- Ethics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
If interested, please submit your resume to Michele Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Endoscopy Technician-Full Time
Folsom Sierra Endoscopy Center
AMSURG’s Folsom Sierra Endoscopy Center is currently searching for full-time Endoscopy Technician to work Mondays – Fridays who can work cooperatively with staff and physicians and perform a variety of tasks. The ability and willingness to “cross train” and flexibly perform different responsibilities is essential.
Major responsibilities include: cleaning procedure rooms; assisting physicians; processing scopes; restocking and changing over rooms; performing housekeeping duties and assisting in maintenance of all supplies; and all other tasks as assigned.
- Endoscopy experience is required.
- You must possess a HS school diploma/GED and a BLS certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are invited to apply.
Apply Now! Come Join our Team! We offer Competitive Pay Applicants can apply at www.amsurg.com or at : https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AMS1004AMSRG/JobBoard/94a3d750-7693-4943-8b5d-0a9b17bb4e4f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=f82f0b07-8228-4445-b197-0fb00af645fc