Why choose an ASC?
Looking for an ASC career? We post listings for ASC nurses, surgery center staff, surgical nurse, pacu nurse, OR nurse, ASC administrator and many more everyday!
Endoscopy Center of the Central Coast and Templeton Endoscopy Center
San Luis Obispo/Templeton, CA
We are currently searching for a Center Administrator with ambulatory surgery center experience.
The Center Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of both Central Coast Endoscopy & Templeton Endoscopy Centers within the authority of the Board of Directors. This includes planning, organizing, and directing overall operations for the Centers according to its policies, procedures, goals, and objectives. The Administrator ensures that the Centers meets all relevant local, state, federal, and accrediting-body rules and regulations. The Administrator is responsible for financial and cost-containment decisions within the Centers. The Administrator serves as internal risk manager, and is responsible for management of all aspects of the environment of care, personnel, materials management, equipment procurement, education of personnel, and administrative duties. The Administrator coordinates and directs patient care in the Centers according to adopted policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and accepted accreditation standards. The Administrator promotes a favorable image of the Centers to physicians, staff, patients, insurance companies, and the general public, and may delegate duties as he or she deems necessary. The Administrator reports directly to the Vice President of Operations for the Center’s management company.
- Oversee daily operations of both center to ensure patient safety and highest quality of care is provided
Act in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Centers
- Recommend, develop and update short and long term strategic plans to support the Center’s philosophy and goals
- Oversee clinical and administrative operations, with a focus on quality improvement and business development
- Provide direction on staffing decisions and operations to drive efficiencies, while ensuring quality and patient safety
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and accrediting body; ensure compliance with the Center’s policies and procedures
- Serve as primary liaison between the Governing Board, the medical staff, facility staff, health system partner, and the management company
- Oversee financial performance of the facility; develop operations budget, and capital budget; make operational decisions that support the Center’s financial goals and objectives
- Work in conjunction with the QAPI Committee and the Governing Board in the evaluation and development of existing and new surgical service lines, and the recruitment of new physicians
- Oversee human resource matters and personnel management in all departments, to include performance reviews and disciplinary actions; ensure high employee morale and a professional, positive, and healthful atmosphere
- Responsible for overall patient engagement and experience, including the Center’s Patient Satisfaction performance
- Works closely with the Vice President of Operations to ensure the appropriate management of the Centers and Partnerships
- Oversee credentialing per Medical Staff Bylaws; collaborate with the Medical Director and QAPI Committee as appropriate
- Serve as a member of the QAPI Committee; collaborate with Clinical Director to successfully implement Quality Assurance Performance Improvement program, Infection Control Program, Pharmacy Program, Radiology Program and other components of clinical services as appropriate
- Maintain memberships in professional associations relevant to ambulatory surgery and healthcare administration
- Fosters a network of peers and industry experts to stay current in industry trends and changes in the healthcare environment, such as finances/reimbursement, legislative issues, best practices etc. and acts accordingly in the best interest of the Centers
- Adhere to the Center's professional conduct policies
- Maintain patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality
- Performs related work as required
- Comprehensive knowledge of surgery center business operations
- Working knowledge of standard accounting principles, financial statement review, and budget development
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Experience in working with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability for self-direction and initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred
- Registered Nurse with a Business Background a plus
- Minimum of five (5) years of surgery center management experience
- CASC Certification a plus
Strong leadership skills required. Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and to positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and effectiveness. Based on business needs, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
Must pass a background check and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set forth in federal or state regulations.
If interested, please apply via the link below:
The Surgery Center of Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
The Surgery Center of Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, a Joint Commission accredited center, is looking for a dedicated, experienced, quality-driven full time, benefited Patient Account Representative to join our professional patient care team to verify patient demographics, insurance benefits, insurance authorizations, and assist in Medical Records.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate
- Three years working experience in an ASC environment.
- Computer experience with word processing.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Evidence of time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated experience in establishing electronic organizational systems
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Knowledge of office procedures and office machines (i.e. computer, fax, copier, etc.).
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate accurately and concisely.
- Demonstrated expertise in continuous quality improvement, customer service, and team building.
The Surgery Center has served the Bay Area community for over 25 years and is known for the highest of standards in the specialty of ambulatory surgery. A dedicated anesthesia team, an on-site Medical Director, a group of superior surgeons, a proactive and talented staff and an open-door management philosophy are only a few of the assets that influence other professionals, like yourself, to join our team. Additionally, we offer competitive wages and an enhanced benefits package.
We are located in a metropolitan area on the boundaries of Berkeley and Oakland. We are adjacent to the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station for easy access via public transportation and we also offer free reserved parking.
The Surgery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Surgery Center will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, marital status, familial status, political belief, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are motivated to work in a fast-paced, high-quality environment with a mix of specialty services, please contact us by faxing your resume to Dawn Rowell, Director of Business Services, Fax: 510-547-2280.
RN Charge Nurse
United Surgical Partners Int.
United Surgical Partners International (USPI) is a company that specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities in the U.S. USPI provides first-class surgical services for local communities and recognizes its employees as their number one assets.
Pacific Endo Surgical Center is part of the USPI family, located in the Pacific region. Pac Endo is a family-oriented, fast-paced, surgery center in the South Bay City of Torrance, CA.
Pac Endo has 3 procedure rooms and 1 OR. The facility is AAAHC accredited and specializes in GI and Urology.
The Charge RN is responsible for all aspects of nursing care delivery in the facility. Assumes responsibility of the Pre-op/GI/OR/PACU. As a Registered Nurse, the Charge RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. Responsible for the Quality Improvement and Infection Control Program for the Center. Acts as education coordinator for the facility, as well. Covers the clinical area for the Facility.
The Charge RN should be able to solve problems quickly and effectively using excellent critical thinking skills with emotional intelligence to deal with staff at all levels within the organization. The ideal candidate should have great communication skills and be open to working flexible hours. Additionally, the candidate needs to possess great organizational skills, as well as have the ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients and others.
- Assesses, plans, and evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient's care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assumes a leadership role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based on age-specific needs utilizing developmental perspective.
- Demonstrates appropriate and continued knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Adheres to established facility safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Completes appropriate financial management responsibilities.
- Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and clinical practice.
- Fosters a positive and professional facility environment by interacting with all persons in a considerate, helpful and courteous manner and by participating as a team member.
- Successful completion of a program at an accredited school of nursing with a current CA state nursing license.
- 1-3 years of nursing and management experience in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center is desired.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon employment.
- Experience in basic computer software such as Microsoft and Excel.
- Experience with AAAHC/CMS/Life Safety survey requirements and processes.
- Experience with GI and Urology procedures is preferred.
- Experience with Conscious Sedation is preferred.
- Experience in Pre-Op/PACU and basic understanding of its workflow is required.
- Experience in supervising, managing and leading others is required.
Please submit resumes to Jodi Greenberg/Market Recruiter email@example.com
Manager, Managed Care
The Manager, Managed Care role works with the managed care department team members to meet/exceed the goals of the department, including; increasing commercial payor reimbursement and gaining new patient access through new contract completion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with managed care department team members to meet/exceed the goals of the department including 1) increasing commercial payor reimbursement and 2) gaining new patient access through new contract completion.
- Negotiate/renegotiate agreements with third-party payers; perform financial evaluations to support negotiation efforts to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Review and negotiate contract language based on the guidance provided by leadership
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with third-party payers
- Establish relationships with market VPs of Operations, Physician leaders, Administrators, Business Office Managers and Business Office Operations team
- Educate ASC / Clinical internal staff on managed care issues, trends, etc.
- Attend partnership meetings and other meetings and update key constituents as needed
- Present appropriate data and reports at meetings
- New agreements and/or reimbursement levels/methodologies
- Payer updates
- Payer mix reviews & updates
- Act as liaison for Practices and ASCs to third party payers to resolve claims and payment issues
- Develop relationship with Business Operations to ensure that business process issues are addressed
- 3-5 years of experience in managed care environment (with either payer or provider), such as health plan provider relations, provider/payor contracting, ancillary payor/provider contracting
- Bachelor's degree required
If interested please use the link below to apply for the position:
Regional Sales Director - West
Surgical Notes is looking to hire a western region sales director to close new accounts, grow Surgical Notes’ customer base, and retain existing accounts. Must be located in CA, AZ, or NV.
Essential Job Duties:
- Meet and exceed required sales productivity quotas (quarterly and annually).
- 2020 quota is $750,000 in new business from a combination of:
- Revenue cycle management (RCM), transcription service, coding service, and ScanChart ASC (chart automation and document management application)
- Generate new business through direct selling, web demos, written communication, and telephone communication.
- Product demonstrations and presentation of proposals and contracts to prospective clients.
- Necessary skills and traits: high level of passion and enthusiasm, outstanding work ethic, excellent interpersonal, organizational, follow-up, and problem-solving skills, able to network quickly, and impressive attention to detail.
- Maintain and leverage existing clients while pursuing new business (upselling other Surgical Notes solutions).
- Maintain accurate sales forecasts, update records in Salesforce daily, and submit sales reports in a timely manner.
- Respond to all calls and emails (external and internal) with a sense of urgency.
- Operate in compliance with all regulatory requirements and company policies as described in the company policy manual, compliance training module, and other material.
- Maintain and enhance the professional reputation of the company by displaying the highest level of professionalism, competence, and personal integrity.
- Must be able to travel (50%) and occasionally working weekends tied to meeting attendance both in and out of territory.
Required Work Experience:
3-5 years of experience selling RCM, EMR, and/or PM software in the healthcare market (preferably in the ASC market) or working directly in an ASC as an Administrator or Business Office Manager. Salary and Variable Compensation:
Salary variable based upon experience. Commissions paid monthly on new business.
Interested in this job? Email your resume to Chuck Meisel, VP of Sales for Surgical Notes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fort Sutter Surgery Center
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced OR manager to join our busy surgery center located in Midtown Sacramento. All qualified applicants will be considered.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- BSN Desired
- Current Valid RN License from the State of California
- Significant experience working in a multi-specialty OR, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center. This level of experience is typically achieved in approximately three years.
- Must have successful experience as an OR leader, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center. This level of leadership competence is typically obtained with approximately two years of leadership experience.
- CNOR certificate preferred.
- Must have the demonstrated knowledge and interpersonal skills necessary to tactfully direct the efforts of diverse health professionals to meet patient and physician needs.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and Accrediting Body regulations and standards and performs in accordance with them.
- PC-literate in MS Windows environment with moderate level of competency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Extensive knowledge of AORN Standards, infection control processes and sterilization practices is required.
- Knowledge of performance improvement processes.
- Current knowledge regarding instrumentation and equipment utilized for various surgical specialties is required, as is knowledge of the types of surgeries being performed at the Center.
- Must have leadership skills, along with skills in functional supervision/ delegation and human relations.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a flexible, creative individual who is open to change along with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Requires the ability to operate and trouble-shoot OR equipment.
- BLS/ACLS/PALS required
- Computer skills are required.
- Adult training skills are preferred.
- Ability to be self-directed yet seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
- Ability to make sound reasonable decisions, work in situations that demand patience, stamina, endurance, and tact while providing impeccable service.
- Ability to set priorities, respond timely to issues which require a decision, and ensure desired results are achieved by means of consistent follow through.
- Highly organized with the ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers and staff and the ability to speak effectively and present materials as necessary. Interactions with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, visitors, teammates, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a manner that reflects the values of clinical quality, integrity, service excellence, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement.
If interested, please use the link below to apply for the position: https://sutterhealth.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=SOPS-1920717&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.XZzk7BWh45M.mailto
Surgery Center Administrator
Sapphire Health Group
Los Angeles, California
We're looking for a Dynamic ASC ADMINISTRATOR for our gorgeous 2 OR and 2 Procedure Room Multi-Specialty Surgery Center!
As part of the key management team, this Administrator will manage the clinical and financial operations of the center, and be responsible for 4 managers and 35 staff.
Our surgery center is located in a beautiful suburb of Los Angeles, and is jointly-owned by physicians, one of the largest ASC management companies in the industry, and AppleCare Medical Group!
* Minimum 2-3 years of ASC Management Experience
* Strong understanding of Regulatory Compliance Standards and AAAHC accreditation
* Exceptional Leadership Skills and Physician Relations
* Ability to Recruit Physicians and Increase case-volume
* CASC Certification Strongly Preferred
Email resumes to Andréa Venezio at email@example.com