Current Job Postings
Van Wert Times Bulletin
Are you a hands-on newspaper writer/editor who has a passion for telling the important stories of your community? The Van Wert Times Bulletin (www.timesbulletin.com) is looking for you!
The Times Bulletin has an immediate opening for an editor and responsibilities include: • Serve as the leading “voice of the newspaper” so that there is a consistent tone throughout the publication. • Research and write articles for inclusion in the Van Wert Times Bulletin, its website and its social media. • Knowledge of AP formatting/style is preferred. • Coverage includes, but not limited to local meetings, features, sports, school events and police news. Some night and weekend work is required – as the news dictates. • Must possess strong writing, editing, photography and social media skills • Assign and edit articles by correspondents for clarity and space considerations • Research and write articles for inclusion in specialty publications • Take digital photographs and videos at community meetings, festivals and other happenings in the area. Imagery may be included in the other publications (and affiliated websites) associated with DHI Media including: The Delphos Herald, the Putnam County Sentinel and the Paulding Progress • Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign. • Proof articles and be an excellent speller • Possess strong communication skills to coordinate content with the advertising and graphics departments • Oversee the design and layout of the editorial pages and, when necessary, special pages or sections. • Convert finished pages of publications to PDF format and upload (or oversee uploading) converted files to Eagle Print, the Times Bulletin’s local printer • High ethical standards for honesty, integrity and accuracy
Qualified candidates please email a cover letter, resume and samples of writing to: email@example.com. The Van Wert Times Bulletin is a division of DHI Media, and offers a competitive compensation package as well as vacation and performance bonuses. DHI Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Miami Valley Today
Job duties involve developing news stories and content including writing articles and taking photographs when necessary. Qualified applicants will be able and willing to cover breaking news, work with local law enforcement, be adept at event/meeting coverage, coordinate/accept assignments with the editor and develop sources/story ideas on their own. Candidates must be passionate about reporting on community issues and must take pride in their work. Candidates for the job must be ethical, resourceful and skilled in gathering and organizing information in a thorough and professional manner in order to maintain the credibility and integrity of the Miami Valley Today/Miami Valley Sunday News. Some basic typing also will be part of the weekly duties. Applicants must be self-motivated, be efficient with their time and willing to work a varying schedule, including weekdays and evenings and some weekends.
PREFERRED SKILLS: · Knowledge of Associated Press Style Manual · Knowledge of WordPress · Knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram.
Send application and resume to Melody Vallieu, AIM Media Midwest, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adams Publishing Group (The Circleville Herald, Logan Daily News, Athens Messenger)
In search of a dynamic, career-oriented candidate who enjoys the THRILL of the sale!
Educate and sell multimedia products and services to an established business client base and develop new customers. Conduct customer needs analysis and create presentations and proposals to provide clients with customized solutions. Utilize traditional methods and social media to prospect for new business. The Multimedia Sales Representative sells advertising space for publication in print, vast array of digital products, as well as Print and Deliver Products for Adams Publishing Group. Adams Publishing Group is committed to providing superior quality customer service to businesses and individuals. Job Functions The successful candidate must be a flexible, self-starter, attentive to details, diplomatic, able to provide and give direction, as well as able to multitask. This position will work with different personality types and across a number of publications. Candidates for this position should have strong interpersonal skills and client orientation and exhibit an ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts as a team member as well as a team leader.
• Perform job duties and conduct self in accordance with company core values. • Initiate and nurture effective, professional relationships with internal and external contacts. • Support and achieve individual, and company goals • Organized • Acquire, retain, and up-sell new and existing client base • Make collection calls • Attends departmental meetings and company meetings as scheduled • Maintain daily sales call log submitted to Advertising Manager daily • Corresponding through email, telephone, and meeting with clients • Expected to utilize various Social Networking tools for company business • Learn and sell online products as they are introduced to the company
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of sales experience in the print and multimedia industry. Reliable transportation required. Must maintain a current valid driver's license and current proof of vehicle liability insurance. Technology Skills Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. Education Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred. For immediate consideration, send resume and cover letter to Amanda Montgomery at All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The fringe benefits include medical (split between employer and employee), dental and vision options (employee paid). There are three company-sponsored benefits, including short-term disability, long-term disability and a term life insurance policy. The company pays for these six major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day). In addition, employees accrue 3.33 hours of paid leave per pay period in the first year of employment (80 hours) and increasing to 5.0 hours per pay period (120 hours) after their one-year anniversary of employment. The company has the option of making a discretionary match to the 401K retirement plan after year end.
Send applications and resumes to Amanda Montgomery at email@example.com.
Lewis County Press (Missouri)
We’re looking for a regional salesperson to help spread the word about our software platform. Workbench serves small and medium community newspapers, giving teams a simple, cohesive tool that handles digital distribution, customer acquisition/retention, and USPS paperwork/labels — all without requiring a computer science degree or countless hours of data wrangling. Our product usually amounts to a savings for customers, not an added expense. This work can be done in-person or virtually, but we’re looking for someone with industry experience and relationships in Missouri publishing. All details are flexible, but this is probably part-time, at the latter part of the week. Pay is generous, based on results. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit lcp-news.com
The Delphos Herald, Inc.
Group Advertising Sales Director Job Description: The Advertising Sales Director will obtain revenue by planning, implementing, and evaluating advertising sales strategies and programs covering the Delphos, Paulding, Van Wert and Ottawa (including the Ada Herald) region in Northwest Ohio. The websites representing these publications are: The Delphos Herald: www.delphosherald.com The Paulding Progress is: www.progressnewspaper.org The Van Wert Times Bulletin is: www.timesbulletin.com The Putnam County Sentinel: www.putnamsentinel.com The Ada Herald: www.adaherald.com The Advertising Sales Director will oversee the advertising sales representatives for these five publications. The Advertising Sales Director will be expected to oversee all of the print and digital product offerings for these publications and will also be expected to take on his/her own book of key accounts. The Advertising Sales Director will also need to prospect for new business. This position reports directly to DHI Media’s Chief Operating Officer.
- Accomplishes advertising sales strategies by communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Supports all print and online digital product sales initiatives and generates new ideas to build sales and marketing opportunities.
- Oversees and analyzes current sales staff and the accounts/territories that they currently cover.
- Creates compensation plans that motivate the salespeople – particularly for revenue generated from new business.
- Has the ability to travel daily between the offices in order to go on “four-legged” sales calls and build relationships with the staff.
- Works with staff to coordinate advertising schedules/deadlines.
- Creates and implements advertising sales budgets by anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Focuses on building business relationships in the communities within the region – particularly with the people who make advertising decisions in the major institutions including hospitals and banks.
- Evaluates promotions by assessing what promotions have been profitable and what promotions need to be replaced. Utilize Metro Creative Graphics to identify new monthly promotions to refresh the promotions calendar.
- Prepares sales materials by determining requirements and purpose of materials; developing content and graphics; preparing media kits; keeping information current.
- Prepares advertising sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales performance. Provides these reports on a weekly basis to DHI senior management.
The Delphos Herald, Paulding Progress, Van Wert Times Bulletin, Putnam Sentinel and Ada Herald are divisions of DHI Media. The company offers a competitive compensation package, medical, dental, 401K, vacation and performance bonuses. DHI Media is an equal opportunity employer.
APG Media of Ohio
This position is responsible for achieving digital budgeted revenue sales efforts for APG Media of Ohio digital initiatives and its nine websites. This position will support several regional teams of Multimedia Account Executives by maximizing revenue opportunities related to digital services and advertising (website display, programmatic, SEO, PPC, email, apps, podcasts, video, and social). The ideal candidate will be a strong grasp current digital marketing tools and strategies and have the ability to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Must be selfmotivated, possess effective communication skills, creativity, strategic thinking, idea generator, good oral and written comprehension, deductive reasoning, and excellent managerial skills. Strong work ethic and ability to motivate staff will be critical to success. Preferred primary office location will be based on the geographical zone assignment.
- This position will manage digital advertising strategy, both from a business, sales and technical perspective
- This position will assist with the budget development and projections for advertising
- Successful candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in digital marketing and sales management
- At least 3 years successful track record of sales experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & G-Suite required.
- Ability to learn other relevant software programs and teach direct reports is paramount.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.