September 22 - 23, 2023
Osteopathic Medicine for All: CME/GME
OU HCOM (Dublin, OH Campus)
Friday 10am-4pm and Saturday 8:30am-3:30pm
This hybrid, pre-study, and live course is designed for DO and MD residents and medical education faculty and preceptors in Osteopathic Recognized programs. Participants will gain knowledge to better integrate OMM/OPP into their training and improve skills in precepting and evaluating students in applying those skills. Participants will watch pre-recorded lectures & take post-tests prior to attending the live OMM lab sessions. This is an excellent faculty development opportunity and will allow participants to share their learning experiences with each other.
Participants will learn:
- Osteopathic Philosophy and History
- Osteopathic Medical Practice
- Fundamentals of Structural Diagnosis
- Fundamentals of Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- Treating Common Problems Osteopathically
- Through a variety of presentations and demonstrations participants will learn, practice, and strengthen their OMM skills and improve their understanding of osteopathic principles and practices (OPP).
- The course will teach participants to increase the utilization of OMM/OPP in resident clinics.
- Participants will improve their skills of precepting students in OMM/OPP.
- Participants who complete the program will be better able to integrate OMM into their training along with precepting and evaluating students in applying those skills.
- Those experienced in OMM will have the opportunity to refine their skills and increase utilization along with the benefit of group discussion re: difficulties in practice or precepting.
Registration online at: https://commerce.cashnet.com/CORE
A registration confirmation will be emailed to participants upon receipt and processing.
Course Registration Deadline: September 11, 2023
NOTE: Completion of pre-study materials and attendance commitment for both days of course is required.
Early Registration July 24 – August 20, 2023:
HCOM Clinical Education Network Partner Registration: $450
Standard Registration: $500
Resident/Student Registration: $250
Registration August 21 – September 11, 2023:
HCOM Clinical Education Network Partner Registration: $500
Standard Registration: $550
Resident/Student Registration: $300
Registration Fee includes lunches & refreshment breaks, pre-lab study materials, anatomy overview, OMM Skills Labs and required textbook: Atlas of Osteopathic Techniques, 4th edition.
For additional info. contact:
Becky Martin, OI Administrator