Learning Center Manager
American Association of Service Coordinators
Are you passionate about training and education? Are you outgoing and confident? Do you have a flair for managing details and projects?
The American Association of Service Coordinators is looking for an upbeat, enthusiastic and engaging Learning Center Manager to assist in rapidly growing the online training offerings. The LCM will be a poised problem solver, tech troubleshooter and manager of the unexpected. Being a people person is a must, as this person will collaborate across teams with consultants, faculty and program users. The LCM ensures the education program users have a top-notch learning experience. The ideal candidate will be able to work on multiple programs & projects simultaneously, prioritizing the workload and meeting deadlines. Stellar customer service, collaboration skills and self-sufficiency are key.
About the Team: Their professional development team provides practical training on current service coordination topics and best practices to a very diverse member-based community by offering web-based and live education programs delivered by expert practitioners.
The job in a nutshell: The Learning Center Manager will deliver online training to their program users through webinars and on-demand modules. The role requires someone with excellent verbal communication skills and a professional sounding voice. The LCM should come with the skills to run engaging online/on-demand courses, and must be ready to meet members’ learning needs, help members with problems and provide support to instructors and learners alike. Additional duties include working with instructors on course scripts, preparing instructors to use their webinar training platform and making sure that any additional material (such as slides or handouts) are ready and available to their members. This position is responsible for:
- Providing an industry-leading learning experience for their members
- Facilitating and recording multiple online training courses using their training platform
- Tracking course prep timelines and roll-out deadlines; managing necessary content revisions
- Delivering presenter prep training sessions and ensuring that presenter’s questions are answered
- Project coordination (scheduling courses and tracking down PowerPoint presentations & materials)
- Performing post-course functions, including evaluation and participation tracking
- Act as training facilitator, host, and moderator (reading scripts, promos, and announcements)
- Timely customer service and tech support responsiveness related to their offerings
- Other duties as assigned, including annual conference functions
- Hands-on experience related to producing virtual, on-demand and live courses (or similar trainings, such as webcasts, webinars etc.); experience with related systems/software
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet goals and deadlines
- Strong communication and customer service skills; well organized with a high standard of accuracy
- Able to work with diverse populations in a collaborative environment across departments, while juggling priorities and maintaining flexibility
- Must work well with limited supervision; proven ability to build credibility and rapport with audiences
- Four-year college degree, or combination of relevant education and work experience
- Intermediate knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, PDFs, Excel etc.
- Willingness to travel overnight one to two times per year
About AASC: This Powell, Ohio based membership association was founded in 1999 and has more than 3,000 members across the United States. Our members work in the field of social work within a housing setting whose clients are families, elders, housing managers and people with disabilities. This position offers you freedom to be creative within a small, collaborative staff environment. Reports directly to our Senior Director of Professional Development. AASC offers a rich benefits package including competitive salary, medical, dental and vision plans as well as a 401K plan and 12 paid holidays. Parking is free and the office location is convenient.
To apply: Apply here. Resumes accompanied by a letter of intent and references will be given preference.
Deadline for submissions is 2/22/2020.