The American Society for Nondestructive Testing | Columbus, OH
The American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) is looking for an individual with at least two to three years’ related experience in membership or communications, including volunteer relations, to fill a full-time Program Specialist position. The Program Specialist is part of the Membership and Engagement team and is responsible for managing member and volunteer programs, such as the Awards Program, Mentoring Program, and Career Development Program, etc. The Program Specialist plays an integral role in recruiting and building relationships with key stakeholders and volunteers. The Program Specialist helps to grow and retain members by promoting program participation.
This individual must be a creative thinker and a strong writer who is highly motivated. This full-time position is a hybrid, office, and remote work schedule opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program coordination and implementation: Manage the planning, implementation, tracking, and reporting of program activities.
- Program management and oversight: Monitor program budgets and expenditures. Maintain familiarity with all applicable program policies and documents. Serve as administrator for multiple program management software subscriptions and make recommendations for updates and changes, as necessary.
- Program communication: Work with marketing and communication staff to introduce and increase customer awareness of new and updated programs.
- Recruitment and relationship building: Identify scope, goals, and needs of new programs or expansion of existing programs, and plan for volunteer recruitment and onboarding.
- Program evaluation and benchmarking: Develop metrics and measure the success of each program. Make recommendations for program updates or termination. Follow and assess association program trends.
- Membership and engagement: Support the Membership and Engagement team in membership retention and growth efforts.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, or communications with 2+ years of relevant experience, association experience preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, strong writing and presentation skills, and strong computer skills.
- Ability and confidence to apply knowledge and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Some travel for this position is required.
The American Society for Nondestructive Testing, Inc. (ASNT) is the world's largest technical society for nondestructive testing (NDT) professionals. ASNT’s provides a forum for the exchange of NDT technical information; NDT educational materials and programs; and standards and services for the qualification and certification of NDT personnel. ASNT promotes the discipline of NDT as a profession and facilitates NDT research and technology applications. The Society serves over 21,000 members and certificate holders in more than 100 countries.
ASNT offers a complete benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, paid time off, and a 401k retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter with salary requirement and resume by Dec. 31, 2022, via email to email@example.com.