2020 Annual Institute
ACHNE VIRTUAL ANNUAL INSTITUTE
April 22, 2020
The ACHNE Annual Institute is a VIRTUAL event using a combination of technology to create a rich tapestry of educational content; attendees will have access to ALL presentations and ePosters. Updates will be posted as they become available.
As always, attendees with questions are welcome to contact us at ACHNE@meinet.com
To provide a scholarly institute whereby community health nursing educators will collaborate and present their accomplishments; share strategies towards building a culture of health; promote health equity, and aim for community wellbeing as a vision for Healthy People 2030.
Public health nurses, public health and community health nursing educators, public health leaders, and students and partners interested in public health, health equity, populations health, and other public health issues.
- Examine the role and scope of practice of the population health-focused nurse in addressing national and global health goals and objectives.
- Explore innovative educational models or programs that address population health competencies through active and experiential learning.
- Identify opportunities for partnering with nontraditional agencies to look at health promotion and disease prevention where people live, work and play.
- Describe community/public health nursing practices that address current and emerging population health issues and trends, such as the opioid epidemic and rise in preventable infectious disease in the U.S. and globally.
- Discuss emerging issues and trends in community/public health nursing education, such as increased use of technology/informatics, emphasis on interprofessional education, rise in online teaching platforms, and evolving curriculum.
This continuing nursing education activity will be reviewed by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.