Committees & Centers
If you joined the NJSOP with the intention of taking an active role or finding volunteer opportunities where you can really make a difference, joining a committee and participating in the NJSOP Committee Day is for you!
- NJSOP committees allow you to have a seat at the table to help shape organized optometry
- NJSOP committee meetings are held VIRTUALLY and have an informal, professional and welcoming atmosphere
- NJSOP meetings are interactive. Every meeting you will hear new and existing members asking light and fun questions, as well as in depth questions. The back and forth about these welcomed questions is professionally stimulating and lead to interesting discussions.
- NJSOP often invites guests such as the NJSOP Government Affairs Agent, industry representatives, or AOA staff members to talk with our committees. You get to know the NJSOP staff too!
- The NJSOP Committees switch up our meeting presenters, which is a great way to energize virtual meetings. You can use these meetings to build your professional skills, networking connections, and even make new friends.
- New for 2023! We will be adding an opportunity to share relevant hot topics to share with the group. We are looking for new ideas and diverse perspectives on the profession of optometry, patient care, and the life of an optometrist.
Below are the list of committees. Please contact Sharon Kais at (609) 323-4012 x117 for more information.
If you are already an NJSOP Committee Member, please click the link below to access committee information: