LATEST NEWS: The Volunteer Committee of the Ohio Fire Chiefs' Association is looking for input regarding training for newly-appointed volunteer or combination department Chiefs and senior officers. The survey is open until December 15, 2014. We want your input! Take the Survey!
The Volunteer Committee is an advocate of the Ohio Volunteer Fire Service to the OFCA by being:
- Active with the legislature, especially with those in leadership roles
- A clearing house for information
- A resource to all of Ohio’s volunteer community
- A common voice for Ohio’s volunteer fire service
- Active in developing training, officer and leadership growth
- Enhancing the integrity and image of the volunteer fire service
The Volunteer Committee of the Ohio Fire Chiefs' Association is working to determine how to best serve you - the volunteer fire service. We’d like to hear from you concerning the current status of your department and determine what challenges the future may hold for you and your communities. Help shape the future of Ohio's volunteer fire service.The Volunteer Committee is here to serve you. Our success depends on you!
Contact Chief Colin Altman, Miami Township Fire/Rescue at 937.767.7842 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some links to resources you might find useful for information sharing:
National Fire Academy
National Volunteer Fire Council
Ohio Fire Academy
Ohio Department of Public Safety ~ Emergency Medical Services
Ohio Rural Fire Council-March 2014 Meeting Minutes
Ohio Rural Council - January 2014 Meeting Minutes