Director of Specialty Pharmacy
Pharmacy Systems, Inc.
Pharmacy Systems, Inc manages the pharmacy at the O’Bleness Memorial Hospital, located in Athens, Ohio and is seeking a Director of Pharmacy. O’Bleness is a not-for-profit, acute care hospital licensed for 64 beds that has been providing healthcare services to the residents of Southeastern Ohio since 1921. The facility maintains: Oncology and Infusion Clinic(s), Cardiac Cath Lab and an OB department(s) to name a few. The pharmacy department benefits from a great working environment and a collaborative working relationship with the Nurses, Doctors and other medical staff to provide the highest level of patient care.
Pharmacy hours of Operation: Monday -Friday 6:00am-7:00pm, reduced hours on weekends/Holidays.
- Manage and direct the activities of the Department of Pharmacy.
- Develop, implement, and monitor compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a system of staff development and evaluation to ensure compliance with regulatory issues and to promote optimal patient care.
- Develop and maintain a system of financial and inventory control according to hospital standards, including preparation, submission and administration of an annual departmental budget.
- Directs departmental participation in various hospital committees to ensure appropriate representation (including, but not limited to, Infection Control Committee, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Safety Committee).
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm D. Advance degree preferred.
- Current Ohio pharmacist license in good standing & prior hospital leadership / institutional pharmacy experience.
- A strong desire to develop the staff and services within the department.
- Ability to collaborate effectively on technology & other major initiatives throughout the facility.
- Ability to solve problems, establish trust and credibility, and deal effectively with change.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page
April 17-19, 2015
Greater Columbus Convention Center, Columbus, OH
May 13, 2015
June 19, 2015
Ohio Pharmacists Association, 2674 Federated Blvd, Columbus