OPA Executive Fellowship in Leadership and Association Management
Duration: 12 months (July 1 - June 30)
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022
Starting Date: July 1
Estimated Stipend: $45,000
Interview Required: Yes
The Ohio Pharmacists Association Executive Fellowship in Leadership and Association Management is a postgraduate training program conducted at the Ohio Pharmacists Association headquarters under the direction of the staff of OPA. The fellowship is an excellent experience for those interested in learning all areas that are critical to any successful nonprofit organization and in developing leadership skills. The fellow will be trained in association management and governance, advocacy for the profession, leadership, membership development, professional affairs, continuing education development, communications, publication production, media relations, and event coordination.
The Purpose of the Executive Fellowship:
- to support the development of individuals interested in association management through training and experience in leadership, advocacy, professional affairs and problem-solving at the Ohio Pharmacists Association;
- to prepare individuals for leadership positions in a variety of settings in the profession of pharmacy and healthcare in general;
- to advance the role of the pharmacist in the healthcare system by engaging with Ohio’s pharmacists, student pharmacists, policy makers, state agencies, other healthcare provider groups and managed care organizations;
- to advance areas of the Ohio Pharmacists Association’s strategic plan with a focus on clinical initiatives and grassroots advocacy;
- to assist in the program planning and operation of the OPA Entrepreneurship Center.
The fellow will attend state and national pharmacy meetings and be given flexibility to tailor the experience to his or her interest to ensure passion behind the work that is accomplished.
B.S. or B.A. degree from a U.S. accredited institution. Preference will be given to those with association management, business, pharmacy or BSPS degree. Good communication and presentation skills; and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Group Health Insurance coverage
- 10 days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Registration and Travel Expense for up to two national meetings
- Membership in the Ohio Society of Association Executives
Selection of the Applicant
Applicants should submit their application packet via email by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on January 31, 2022. Applicants will be notified within two business days once completed application is received and may be invited for an interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Selection of the applicant shall be the responsibility of the executive staff of the Ohio Pharmacists Association.
A complete application includes:
- Letter of Intent
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Written responses to each of the three application questions in fewer than 400 words:
- An overview of why you are applying for this fellowship and how you plan to utilize the experience in your future career.
- What personal strengths and experiences would you bring to the Ohio Pharmacists Association? Include a description of your leadership, professional and/or community services/achievements and future goals.
- What value do nonprofit associations bring to professions and to the public?
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a current or former employer.