Full Time Registered Nurse Manager - Oncology/Infusion - Day Shifts
Henry Ford Cancer Institute - Detroit
We are seeking a dynamic leader who will have operational oversight over our state-of-the-art, 36-chair infusion center within our new, cutting-edge comprehensive cancer center. This leader will collaborate with multi-disciplinary members of the oncology care team while leading a group of highly skilled, compassionate, dedicated nurses and medical assistants. Because oncology is a quickly advancing and changing field, we seek a nurse leader who is inspired by innovation and will partner with leadership to promote safe, steady, efficient workflows as we pioneer evolving cancer therapies.
The Nursing Manager is a Registered Nurse who is accountable for leading, managing, developing, supervising and evaluating the delivery of patient care at multiple sites or departments and/or has a minimum of one supervisor and/or 20 or more employees, in the Ambulatory Department. Provides clinic leadership and works in partnership with nursing, the health care team and leadership to assure quality patient care. Care is provided in accordance with departmental, Henry Ford Medical Group and health system policies and procedures. Facilitates empowerment of staff in the implementation of creative and innovative patient care delivery models and stimulates a collaborative multidisciplinary team approach in the continuous improvement of patient care services. In conjunction with the Administrator, assumes responsibility for fiscal management of clinic/department.
- Bachelors Degree in nursing or related field required.
- Masters Degree in nursing, business administration, health care administration, or equivalent is preferred.
- Successful completion on Henry Ford Medical Group Pharmacology test.
- Maintains professional competency through review of current literature, attendance at educational programs, and participation in professional organizations.
- Three to five years of progressively more responsible experience demonstrating leadership skills in a clinical setting is required.
- Some examples include: charge nurse duties; leadership of special projects such as service excellence teams; quality improvement initiatives, and clinic process redesign.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage complex clinical, administrative, and interpersonal problems.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills. Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Infusion experience required.
Current license to practice in the State of Michigan as a Registered Nurse.
Current BLS/ACLS required.
Works in a patient care setting with possible exposure to communicable diseases.
May require heavy lifting of patients and/or equipment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY, CLICK HERE.
Report Broken Links
Have you encountered a problem with a URL (link) on this page not working or displaying an error message? Help us fix it!