Full Time Specialty Pharmacy Manager
The Cancer & Hematology Centers - Grand Rapids, MI
- Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Appropriate state pharmacy licensure.
- Minimum three years of work experience in comprehensive retail services.
- Management experience required.
- Oncology and supportive care experience preferred.
- The pharmacist should be competent in IV admixture and drug dispensing services for infusion products and dispensing services for oral anticancer agents.
- Ability to interact effectively and pleasantly with a diverse population.
- Ability to review detailed data and make prompt judgments based on that data.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines, interruptions, and high work volume.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Provides support to the Senior Director of Pharmacy by developing, executing, evaluating, and maintaining retail programs and strategies to support cost containment and clinical quality improvements related to pharmacy.
- Aligns and maintains effective business processes and workflows to establish a professional and cohesive staff working relationship.
- Provides leadership and expertise to team members.
- Partners with pharmacy clinical staff to support the execution of projects assigned.
- Provides retail pharmacy services though drug information and consultation to care team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- In conjunction with Senior Director of Pharmacy, maintains regulatory and accrediting maintenance for specialty retail pharmacies statewide. Includes maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations related to medication maintenance.
- Oversee pharmacist and technician personnel associated with retail services.
- Responsible for training and maintenance of new and existing staff for required regulatory and accrediting requirements.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors/stakeholders.
- Provides leadership and expertise to team members
- Inform management of project timelines, progress, and resources required.
- Perform duties included in Cancer & Hematology Pharmacist job description.
- Completes expected competencies as defined by CHCWM HR and Department of Pharmacy. Measurement occurs annually.
- Function as a team member by expanding his/her responsibilities as directed by management to facilitate optimal workflow within the cancer center.
- Communicates and interacts with peers and other departments in a manner that is viewed as having a positive effect on patient services and CHCWM staff morale.
- Interacts effectively with patients/family members and demonstrates sensitivity in regard to cultural diversity, age-specific needs, and confidentiality.
These functions are intended to describe the general nature, level, and requirements of work being performed within this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of management. This employee has access to medical records daily.
- Able to see clearly in an environment which is equipped with typical lighting.
- Able to perform manual tasks that require the use of fine muscle motor skills.
- Able to walk approximately one mile per workday.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods.
- Able to freely bend/stretch.
- Able to access, input and retrieve information from computer.
- Able to tolerate frequent handwashing.
- Very fast-paced and ever changing office environment.
- Demanding regarding deadlines and time frames.
- Very detailed and challenging work.
- Constant demand for updating knowledge CHC is committed to fair hiring practices in regard to age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, language, background, and experience.
For more information or to apply
Contact Kara Przybylski at email@example.com or 616-389-1643.
Report Broken Links
Have you encountered a problem with a URL (link) on this page not working or displaying an error message? Help us fix it!