Full Time Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
The Cancer & Hematology Centers - Grand Rapids, MI
- Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Appropriate state pharmacy licensure.
- ASHP-accredited Post-Graduate Year One (PGY-1) Pharmacy Practice Residency preferred.
- Oncology and supportive therapies is required.
- BCOP preferred; required within two years of hire.
- Three years of management experience preferred.
- The pharmacist should be competent in IV admixture and drug dispensing services.
- Ability to interact effectively and pleasantly with a diverse population.
- Ability to review detailed data and make prompt judgments based on that data.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines, interruptions and high work volume.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and their applications to the related field.
- Responsible for developing, executing, evaluating, and maintaining clinical programs and strategies to support cost containment and clinical quality improvements related to pharmacy.
- Collaborates with providers to optimize medication therapy management for oncology patients.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with project goals, provider engagement, as well as other outside stakeholders.
- Partners with pharmacy clinical staff to support the execution of projects assigned.
- Provides clinical pharmacy services though enhancement of drug therapy effectiveness, patient risk mitigation, patient education, drug information, and care team collaboration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide medication therapy management directly to patients including (but not limited to) education, follow up, and symptom management.
- Develop clinical program scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility.
- Create and maintain comprehensive clinical program documentation
- Develop a detailed clinical program plan to track progress.
- Measure clinical program performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Provide drug information and educational services to patients and clinical team members
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors/stakeholders.
- Identify prospective projects, analyze utilization trends and quality outcomes, and provide creative solutions to support cost containment, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance needs.
- Participate in pharmacy clinical strategies development. Provide input for policy development, process improvement, and drug utilization initiatives.
- Inform management of project timelines, progress, and resources required.
- Perform duties included in Cancer & Hematology Pharmacist job description.
- Completes expected competencies as defined by CHCWM HR and Department of Pharmacy. Measurement occurs annually.
- Function as a team member by expanding his/her responsibilities as directed by management to facilitate optimal workflow within the cancer center.
- Communicates and interacts with peers and other departments in a manner that is viewed as having a positive effect on patient services and CHCWM staff morale.
- Interacts effectively with patients/family members and demonstrates sensitivity in regards to cultural diversity, age-specific needs, and confidentiality.
These functions are intended to describe the general nature, level and requirements of work being performed within this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of management. This employee has access to medical records daily.
- Able to see clearly in an environment which is equipped with typical lighting.
- Able to perform manual tasks that require the use of fine muscle motor skills.
- Able to walk approximately one mile per workday.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods.
- Able to freely bend/stretch.
- Able to access, input, and retrieve information from computer.
- Able to tolerate frequent handwashing.
- Very fast-paced and ever-changing office environment.
- Demanding regarding deadlines and time frames.
- Very detailed and challenging work.
- Constant demand for updating knowledge.
For more information or to apply
Contact Kara Przybylski at email@example.com or 616-389-1643.
Report Broken Links
Have you encountered a problem with a URL (link) on this page not working or displaying an error message? Help us fix it!