The Fred Neil Scholarship
The Fred Neil Scholarship is named for Fred Neil, the former Secretary of MSPCA, former Editor of the MSPCA Newsletter, and an industry contributor who dedicated 35 years of unrelenting energy to the Association. Previously known as The Doug Sroka Scholarship, the Board elected to rename the scholarship in honor of Fred's hard work, multi-decade contributions, and dedication.
Please email the executive director, Andrea Coron, with any questions or call the MSPCA office at 410-940-6581.
The winner(s) will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to use toward their college education. The winner (s) will be notified in early October.
For an application to be considered, at least one item in each section must true:
- I am a natural, adopted or legal guardian child of a person who has worked full time a minimum of four (4) years for an active member firm in good standing for at least three (3) years.
- I am an employee of a pest control company who has worked full time a minimum of four (4) years for an active member firm in good standing for at least three (3) years who will enter or attend college full-time.
- A citizen of the United States
- Legal Resident of the United States
- I have been accepted as a full-time student by an accredited college/university.
- I am currently a full-time student at an accredited college/university.
I have at least one of the following:
- “B” high school grade average
- GED equivalent
- Minimum of 900 SAT score
- Minimum of 2.8 college GPA