Optimal Team Practice
What is Optimal Team Practice?
- Optimal Team Practice (OTP) is a policy enacted by the AAPA in May 2017 and is a proposition for how the PA profession can move forward with the modernization and revolution of the healthcare system, making them more competitive in the healthcare marketplace.
- It is designed to expand access to care while making PAs more marketable in the workplace
- OTP calls for states and national regulatory agencies to adopt laws and regulations that:
- Emphasize PAs’ commitment to team practice
- Allow for collaboration decisions between PAs and physicians to be made at a case-by-case, practice-by-practice level. This removes the requirement that PAs can practice only if a supervisory agreement with a specific Physician is in place.
- Authorize PAs to be directly reimbursed by all private and public insurance
- Create a stronger PA presence and voice on state medical boards and create separate PA-majority boards
For more details, updates, resources, advocacy tool kits, and FAQ's regarding Optimal Team Practice visit AAPA.
None at this time.