Join Jonathan Downes via Zoom for Part 1 of a 2 Part HR Series
HR Issues in the Fire Service - Handling Injuries in the Fire and EMS Service
Join Jonathan Downes, Esq., via Zoom on Thursday, February 17th as he presents "HR Issues in the Fire Service - Handling Injuries in the Fire and EMS Service".
Multiple issues arise with the injured firefighter – EMT – Paramedic. These include:
- On-duty or off-duty injury or medical condition
- Light duty vs. transitional work policies
- Limitations on light duty
- Potential future exposure
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Accrued leave or Injury leave
- Accumulation of other leaves while on injury leave
- Worker’s Compensation issues
- Disability separation
- Exhaustion of accrued paid leave
- Ability to fill positions
- Appeals under collective bargaining agreement or civil service
- FMLA – serious medical condition
- ADA – accommodations
- Disability Retirement
To register for the webinar, click here.
Part 2 of the HR series with Jonathan Downes will be presented in person at the 2022 Winter Symposium in Columbus, Ohio on March 2, 2022.
We hope you can attend the Zoom and in person sessions!