Thank you for your support of our profession
To our valued OPA members and advocates,
On behalf of the Ohio Pharmacists Association’s (OPA) Board of Directors and staff, we thank you for your membership and support! We remain committed to serving you as we continue to move the profession forward.
Your membership is critical to the ongoing success of this association and we want to share some of the accomplishments your support enabled us to achieve in 2014:
- Increased access to the zoster vaccine by pushing to remove the prescription requirement for the vaccine
- Advocated for legislation to increase pharmacist immunization authority (HB 394) by decreasing the age at which pharmacists and pharmacy interns may immunize and increasing the scope of immunizations provided (pending passage in the Senate)
- Successfully pushed emergency dispensing legislation (HB 44) to be signed into law to protect pharmacists who care for patients in times of emergency
- Worked to pass legislation creating fair pharmacy audit standards (SB 258) to protect pharmacies from wasteful and abusive pharmacy audits (pending passage in the Senate
- Launched the OPA New Practitioner eXperience (NPX) to focus on concerns of pharmacists who have graduated in the last seven years
- Trained hundreds of pharmacists immunization administration, diabetes management, entrepreneurship, and medication therapy management seminars.
- Developed more than 100 CE programs for pharmacists
- Hosted several educational programs on RxCEonDemand.com, an online portal where you can access hundreds of CE programs that you can participate in at any time you want!
- "Moved the ball forward" to expand consult agreement laws (SB 240) to give pharmacists more responsibility in managing patient drug therapy
These are just a few of the initiatives OPA has pursued on behalf of you and your patients. Please take a moment to visit our website to learn more: www.ohiopharmacists.org.
At OPA, our current and future focus is on the most critical concerns of pharmacists and the patients you serve. You are a valued member and we hope you will take advantage of the resources OPA has to offer. Please know that we are here to assist you in any way. If you have suggestions, questions or concerns, please know your input is always welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, thank you for your support, and we look forward to hearing from you!