To continually improve, through education and services, the proficiency of Security Distributors in order that they are the most effective and efficient conduit to the marketplace.
- Promote to suppliers and customers the value of distributors.
- Provide educational programming to help make Distributor and Associate Members more effective, efficient, and profitable.
- Foster the partnership between Distributors and Manufacturers.
- Provide information on industry trends, data, and statistics, as well as technological advancements and environmental developments.
- Increase the influence of SHDA in the security industry.
- Provide a forum for networking and the exchange of ideas.
The Security Hardware Distributors Association (SHDA) was established in 1970, then as the National Locksmith Suppliers Association. Although the name may have changed to reflect changes in the industry, its purpose remains the same: engaging with locksmiths and the security industry to bring better, more innovative products to customers.
SHDA distributors bring tremendous value to their customers. With access to thousands of products and armed with dedicated and experienced service professionals, SHDA distributors serve as a one-stop source for technical solutions and ongoing support.