AFOS is always advocating for you and is the voice for Federal Service Optometry!
AFOS is proud to offer many benefits for federal service optometrists, including:
- AFOS provides a forum for federal service optometrists to help improve the art and science of the practice of optometry and to maintain the highest vision standards in the world
- Partnership with local, federal and national governments and the American Optometric Association (AOA) to advocate for the profession of Optometry.
- Two great annual educational meetings in conjunction with SECO and AAO
- 10+ hours of COPE approved CE at each meeting including Service-Specific Break-Out Sessions
- International meeting opportunities (AFOS SECO London, UK)
- Service Break-Out sessions and one-on-one opportunities with Service Chiefs/Branch Specialty leaders twice annually
- Advanced Educational Support: AFOS/Salus University Tribute Scholarships
- Free CE through EyeLearn online learning resource from AOA
- Lobbying for continued optometric presence, full-scope credentialing, service pay and other benefits
- AFOS works closely with AOA and other state affiliates to put our priorities in the spotlight and get results.
- Professional development, mentorship and networking opportunities
- National-level leadership and volunteer opportunities
- Professional Recognition via the AOA and AFOS' Annual Awards
- CooperVisionContact Lens National Account: at-cost contact lens program for you and your family members
- Stay in the know! Access to Member-only Newsletters, Emails, Career/Transition Opportunities, etc
- Belong to something that matters!
- Great benefits through the AOA such as malpractice and disability insurance.