March 6-7, 2023
Certified Hematology & Oncology Coder (CHONC) Review Course
MSHO Headquarters, Troy, MI
5435 Corporate Drive
Troy, Michigan 48098
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Class is full
MSHO continues to support the professional growth of our dedicated reimbursement specialists by offering the Certified Hematology and Oncology Coder (CHONC™) workshop and exam. The Society has contracted with the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) to conduct a workshop & exam, for experienced oncology billers and coders. The workshop will be held on Monday, March 6 and the exam will be held on Tuesday, March 7.
CHONC examinees will be tested on
- Ability to read and abstract physician office notes and operative notes to apply correct ICD-10-CM, CPT®, HCPCS Level II, and modifier coding assignments
- Application of CPT® evaluation and management (E/M guidelines)
- Rules and regulations of Medicare billing including incident to, teaching situations, shared visits, consultations, and global surgery
- Coding of surgical procedures performed by hematologists and oncologists and auxiliary staff such as chemotherapy administration, hydration services, therapeutic, prophylactic and diagnostic administration, bone marrow aspiration, bone marrow biopsies, venipuncture, vaccinations, therapeutic phlebotomy, etc.
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
While there is no requirement, AAPC strongly recommends that candidates have at least two years of experience in the specialty. These are difficult, high-level examinations not meant for individuals with little, limited or no coding experience.
- Please click here to view the full course requirements before registering.
- As space is limited to 20 participants, only 1 reimbursement specialist per practice site can register. In the event a reimbursement specialist is already registered from your site, you will be contacted by MSHO and placed on a waitlist.
If you have any questions regarding this workshop, please contact Linda Raveau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-385-5464.
Report Broken Links
Have you encountered a problem with a URL (link) on this page not working or displaying an error message? Help us fix it!