CCAO Service Corp
The County Commissioners Association of Ohio Service Corporation (CCAOSC) was formed in 1991 to develop and sponsor services that assist county government. CCAOSC is a for-profit business corporation and is a wholly owned subsidiary of CCAO.
CCAOSC provides a variety of service programs that are focused upon helping counties, all with one goal in mind – to help counties better serve their residents. These programs can help counties:
- Be more efficient with their fiscal resources
- Offer programs to improve their community
- Enhance employee job satisfaction
CCAOSC has three major service programs:
- CCAO Energy Program – helping counties manage their electric and natural gas supply contracts utilizing Palmer Energy as the Program Manager
- OCERP (Ohio County Employees Retirement Plan) – a tax deferred payroll savings program to help county employees prepare for their retirement (formerly known as the CCAO Deferred Compensation Program)
- CCAO Workers Compensation Programs – helping counties enhance workplace safety and reduce their workers compensation premiums
We also have chosen to endorse several vendor partners who offer exceptional goods and services to our counties at preferential cost.
If you have questions regarding any CCAOSC service program, contact
CCAO Assistant Director
CCAO Service Corporation Manager
The Ohio County Employees Retirement Plan (OCERP)
(Previously CCAO Deferred Compensation Program)
How can OCERP help make a difference for your future?
OCERP is a deferred compensation plan, established to serve the needs of Ohio county employees. That means you, as a county employee, can set aside part of your paycheck into the plan and invest for your future to supplement your retirement income for the future you imagine.
Options available through OCERP
- Get personalized advice based on your individual situation.1
- Contribute via payroll deduction; select either Before-Tax or Roth. You can choose, based on what’s best for your situation.
- Get a view of what you’re estimated to receive as income in retirement. Log in to your account to see if you’re on track to meet your retirement goals.
How to get started or manage your account
- Visit (if setting up your account for the first time, please call your local Empower Retirement Plan Advisor for an enrollment code).
- Download Empower’s free mobile app to connect to the OCERP plan whenever, wherever. Available in the App Store® from Apple® and on Google PlayTM.
Getting help is just a click away
Looking for guidance? OCERP offers you access to advice and tools to help you best meet your retirement goals.for personalized guidance with a local Empower Retirement Plan Advisor.
Supporting Ohio county employees
The plan was established in 1985 to serve the needs of county employees. County officials and employees in all 88 Ohio counties defer additional money for the future they imagine towards their retirement income under the program.
The plan is overseen by a committee of county officials who recognize the needs of their employees. Emphasis is placed on service to the county employee to help achieve a comfortable, secure retirement. The County Commissioners Association of Ohio (CCAO) selected Empower to administer and market the OCERP plan.
Empower’s sole focus is on helping Americans achieve the future they imagine and helps millions of working Americans save for the future.
Power up with the latest money news. Get insights from Empower sent to your inbox free every week. Sign up to get The Currency.TM
Empower is an endorsed CCAOSC program partner.
iPhone, iPad, Apple, Apple Watch and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
1 Point-in-time advice provided by an Empower representative may include savings, investment allocation, distribution, and rollover advice, including advice on consolidating outside retirement accounts.
Point-in-time advice is provided by an Empower representative registered with Empower Financial Services, Inc. at no additional cost to account owners. There is no guarantee provided by any party that use of the advice will result in a profit.
Online Advice and My Total Retirement are part of the Empower Advisory Services suite of services offered by Empower Advisory Group, LLC, a registered investment adviser. Past performance is not indicative of future returns. You may lose money.
IMPORTANT: The projections or other information generated on the website by the investment analysis tool regarding the likelihood of various investment outcomes are hypothetical in nature, do not reflect actual investment results, and are not guarantees of future results. The results may vary with each use and over time.
Beginning in August 2023, the CCAO Service Corp began a quarterly newsletter for members and other interested parties. The newsletter highlights existing Service Corp programs, previews upcoming programs, and more! Past issues are archived below.
If you would like to subscribe, you can do with by filling out this signup form.