Group Experience Coordinator
WHO WE ARE
Destination Toledo Convention and Visitors Bureau, a not-for-profit enterprise, is the official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for Lucas County and the greater Toledo region. Staffed with an enthusiastic team of Toledo experts, Destination Toledo’s core mission is to attract meeting, convention and tourism business to the Toledo area.
Destination Toledo is seeking a full-time Group Experience Coordinator to join our team. This person will report directly to the Vice President, Sales and Relationship Management. The Group Experience Coordinator is responsible for not only identifying and fulfilling the needs of meeting planners and group leaders, but coming up with unique and creative ways to provide memorable experiences during their visit. Engage Destination Toledo’s partners and include them in the guest experience, in a manner that exceeds guests’ expectations and delivers on great customer service. This person will be the point-of-contact for the group, become a trusted advisor, and build positive relationships.
- Initiate communication with convention planners, meeting planners, and group leaders who are scheduled to bring groups into our region.
- Build client and service partner relationships. Be accessible, through dependable verbal, written, and personal contact.
- Be the liaison between the client and Destination Toledo’s service partners. Creatively suggest unique guest experiences, designed to wow. Assist in the organization and planning of entertainment, tours, off-site venue affairs, team building activities, shopping, spouse and child programs and other memorable events.
- Build relationships with Destination Toledo’s service partners. Develop a database of service providers; speakers, venues, entertainment, rentals, etc.
- Maintain printed and online convention calendar, peak period calendar as well as specified restaurant alerts of large groups for scheduling and cross-promotion tools.
- Collaborate with group clients in promoting their conventions and meetings. Offer support in creation of promotional material including; digital ads, fliers, video, and press releases. Exhibit at proceeding year’s group event.
- Fulfill all group visitor material requests. Materials include visitor guides, bags, and other applicable information.
- Provide housing services upon request.
- Research and recommend promotional products used as incentive and giveaway items for convention groups, staff apparel and other items as needed for special bureau projects.
- Schedule and coordinate information / registration tables and personnel to work at the meeting planner’s request.
- Attend pre and post convention meetings as needed. Expedite post-event evaluations. Develop and deliver post visit report to Destination Toledo’s service partners.
- Be an ambassador of our region. Deliver welcome presentations as requested by groups to inform their attendees what is going on in the area during their event.
- Organize transportation for groups that need transportation between hotels and venues.
- Utilize our Customer Relationship Management software (CRM), IDSS. Provide support to the sales staff and hotels with CRM system (IDSS).
- Send out marketing leads and prepares group confirmations on all local social functions including weddings, family and class reunions and other one-time social events.
- Develop site visits and familiarization (FAM) tours.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Two or four-year degree from an academic institution and/or one plus years related job experience
- Experience in hotel or hospitality industries, preferred
- Ability to work a varied work schedule as needed
- Able to handle multiple tasks, perform under pressure
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing conditions and circumstances
- Ability to lift, move, push or pull up to 40 pounds
- Ability to travel
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
Destination Toledo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.