Marketing Communications Assistant
WHO WE ARE
Destination Toledo Convention and Visitors Bureau, a not-for-profit enterprise, is the official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for Lucas County and the greater Toledo region. Staffed with an enthusiastic team of Toledo experts, Destination Toledo’s core mission is to attract meeting, convention and tourism business to the Toledo area.
Destination Toledo is seeking a part-time, entry level Marketing Communications Assistant to join our team. This person would work closely with the Digital Marketing Coordinator and Experience Toledo Manager with marketing and external communications including but not limited to website, social media, print and email newsletters.
This is an entry-level position and we will consider applicants interested in part-time employment with an average of 10-20 hours per week (no more than 28 hours per week). This position is open to undergraduate junior or seniors in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Tourism, Journalism, Visual Communications or other related degrees seeking an internship experience.
- Researching, posting and updating of events calendar on website
- Writing and editing of copy for website, blog and email newsletters
- Assisting with content management including photos, website, data and files
- Assisting with media and marketing related research, outreach, and other assigned tasks
- Fielding tourism calls as needed
- Assisting with social media posting and social media content creation
- Additional responsibilities may include attending industry and community events
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree (or undergraduate junior or senior) in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Tourism, Journalism, Visual Communications or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, proofreading and editing
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus but not required
- Can work independently and in a team setting and is responsive to direction and feedback
- Demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines while producing quality work
- Has a professional attitude and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of social media networks (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter specifically)
- Knowledge of Toledo area, events, and local attractions is preferred
Destination Toledo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume to email@example.com.